Amore (Andrea Bocelli album)
|Studio album by Andrea Bocelli|
|Released||31 January 2006|
|Recorded||Record Plant Studios, Hollywood, CA; Chartmaker Studios, Los Angeles, CA; Andrea Bocelli Studio Pierpaolo Guerrini, Tuscany, Italy; Sony Studios, Culver City, CA; Westlake Audio, Hollywood, CA|
|Label||Sugar Records, Opera & Blues Records, Decca Records|
|Producer||David Foster and Humberto Gatica|
|Andrea Bocelli chronology|
|Studio album by Andrea Bocelli|
|Released||28 February 2006|
|Genre||Ballad, Pop, Latin|
|Producer||David Foster, Humberto Gatica|
|Andrea Bocelli chronology|
Amore is the eleventh studio album by Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli, released on 31 January 2006, for the Valentine's Day season. This album features a remake of Elvis Presley's "Can't Help Falling in Love"; "Because We Believe", the closing song of the 2006 Winter Olympics in Turin, Italy, which Bocelli wrote and performed; "Somos Novios (It's Impossible), a duet with American pop singer Christina Aguilera; and his first recording of Bésame Mucho, which eventually became one of his signature songs.
Amore was released internationally beginning on 28 February 2006.
A Spanish version of the album was also released in the same year, called Amor.
In Japan it was released on 18 October 2006 as Anata ni Okuru Ai no Uta (貴方に贈る愛の歌, A Love Song I Send to You) and featured a bonus track.
- "Amapola" – 3:43
- "Besame Mucho" – 4:01
- "Les Feuilles Mortes (Autumn Leaves)" – 4:49
- "Mi Manchi" (feat. Kenny G)– 3:35
- "Somos Novios (It's Impossible)" (feat. Christina Aguilera) – 4:22
- "Solamente Una Vez" – 3:29
- "Jurame" – 3:22
- "Pero te Extraño" – 4:06
- "Canzoni Stonate" (feat. Stevie Wonder) – 5:17
- "L'Appuntamento (Sentado à Beira do Caminho)" – 4:08
- "Cuando Me Enamoro (Quando m'innamoro)" – 3:56
- "Can't Help Falling in Love" – 3:25
- "Because We Believe" – 4:37
- "Ama Credi e Vai (Because We Believe)" – 4:41
- Japan bonus track
For Amor, the Spanish version of the album
- "Besame Mucho"
- "Cancion Desafinada" (Spanish version of Canzoni Stonate with Stevie Wonder)
- "Solamente Una Vez" (Original version in Spanish of You Belong To My Heart)
- "Somos Novios (It's Impossible)" (with Christina Aguilera)
- "Jurame" (with Mario Reyes) – 3:22
- "Pero te Extraño"
- "Las Hojas Muertas" (Spanish version of Autumn Leaves)
- "Me Faltas "Mi Manchi" (with Kenny G)
- "Cuando Me Enamoro" (Spanish version of Quando m'innamoro)
- "Porque Tu Me Acostumbraste"
- Verano Estate (with Chris Botti)
- "Nuestro Encuentro" (Spanish version of L'Appuntamento)
With 113,000 units sold in its first week of release, Amore debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart, which at the time was Bocelli's highest chart position in America yet, only to be surpassed by his 2009 release My Christmas, which reached No. 2. It went on to sell 1.66 million copies in the United States and was certified Platinum by the RIAA. Bocelli was the seventh best-selling artist of 2006, in the United States, with 2,524,681 copies of his albums sold that year. The Spanish version, Amor, was also certified Album Multi-Platino (Double Platinum) by the RIAA. Both versions were also certified Gold and Platinum in several other counties.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dutch Albums Top 100||1|
|Finland Albums Top 40||1|
|Italy Top 50||1|
|Belgium Albums Top 50||2|
|Ireland Albums Top 75||2|
|Japan Oricon Albums Chart||39|
|Portugal Albums Top 30||2|
|Sweden Albums Top 60||2|
|Norway Top 40||3|
|US Albums Top 100||3|
|Austria Albums Top 75||4|
|Spain Albums Top 100||4|
|UK Albums Top 75||4|
|Australia Albums Top 50||5|
|Swiss Albums Top 100||8|
|NZ Albums Top 40||13|
|France Albums Top 150||14|
|Denmark Albums Top 40||15|
|Germany Albums Top 50||23|
Certifications and sales
|Austria (IFPI Austria)||Gold|
|Brazil (Pro-Música Brasil)||Platinum||60,000*|
|Canada (Music Canada)||Platinum||100,000^|
|Hong Kong (IFPI Hong Kong)||Gold||7,500*|
|Norway (IFPI Norway)||Platinum||40,000*|
|Switzerland (IFPI Switzerland)||Gold||15,000^|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||1,660,000|
|United States (RIAA)
|2× Platinum (Latin)||200,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Veronica Berti: Vocals on "Les Feuilles Mortes (Autumn Leaves)"
- Kenny G: Saxophone on "Mi Manchi"
- Christina Aguilera: Vocals on "Somos Novios (It's Impossible)"
- Marco Borsato: Vocals on "Because We Believe"
- Mario Reyes: Flamenco guitar on "Jurame"
- Stevie Wonder: Harmonica and additional vocals on "Canzoni Stonate"
- David Foster and Randy Waldman: Acoustic piano and keyboards
- Nathan East: Bass
- Vinnie Colaiuta: Drums
- Dean Parks, Ramon Stagnaro, Michael Thompson, and Michael Landau: Guitars
- Paulinho Da Costa and Rafael Padilla: Percussion
- Dan Higgins: Flute
- David Foster: Arrangement
- Jorge Calandrelli and David Foster: Arrangement on " Amapola"
- Humberto Gatica, Chartmaker Studios: Mixing
- Hernan Gatica, Pierpaolo Guerinni, Valerio Calisse, Jochem van der Saag, and Alejando Rodriguez: Recording
- Neil Devor and Chris Brooke: Additional engineering
- Oscar Ramirez: Additional Pro-Tools engineering on "Somos Novios (It's Impossible)"
- Jochem van der Saag: Programming and sound design
- "貴方に贈る愛の歌 - アンドレア・ボチェッリ ／ オリコンランキング情報サービス「you大樹」". Ranking.oricon.co.jp. 2006-10-18. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- "See Andrea Bocelli Perform in Tuscany on July 18, 2009". charitybuzz.com. Archived from the original on December 17, 2012. Retrieved 2008-01-20.
- Boyle's 'Dream' Continues At No. 1 On Billboard 200 Archived September 10, 2016, at the Wayback Machine., Billboard Magazine.com Dec 9, 2009 article.
- "American album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Amore". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click SEARCH
- Nielsen Music 2006 Year-End Music Industry Report, Businesswire.com, Jan 4, 2007 article.
- "American album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Amor". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Album, then click Type, then select Latin, then click SEARCH
- MAHASZ[permanent dead link]
- "オリコンランキング情報サービス「you大樹」". Ranking.oricon.co.jp. Retrieved 2011-03-18.
- "Argentinian album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Amor". Argentine Chamber of Phonograms and Videograms Producers.
- "Austrian album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Amore" (in German). IFPI Austria. Enter Andrea Bocelli in the field Interpret. Enter Amore in the field Titel. Select album in the field Format. Click Suchen
- "Brazilian album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Amor" (in Portuguese). Associação Brasileira dos Produtores de Discos.
- "Canadian album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Amore". Music Canada.
- "Andrea Bocelli" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland.
- "Adatbázis – Arany- és platinalemezek – 2006" (in Hungarian). MAHASZ.
- "IFPIHK Gold Disc Award − 2006". IFPI Hong Kong.
- "Gold Disc Awards". ifpihk.org. Archived from the original on 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- "Certificaciones" (in Spanish). Asociación Mexicana de Productores de Fonogramas y Videogramas. Type Andrea Bocelli in the box under the ARTISTA column heading.
- "Dutch album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Amore" (in Dutch). Nederlandse Vereniging van Producenten en Importeurs van beeld- en geluidsdragers.
- "Norwegian album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Amore" (in Norwegian). IFPI Norway.
- "Polish album certifications – Andrea Bocelli – Amore" (in Polish). Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry.
- "The Official Swiss Charts and Music Community: Awards (Andrea Bocelli; 'Amore')". IFPI Switzerland. Hung Medien.
- "IFPI Platinum Europe Awards – 2007". International Federation of the Phonographic Industry.