Amorosa (2012 film)
|Amorosa (The Revenge)|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Topel Lee|
|Produced by||Charo Santos-Concio
|Written by||Enrico Santos
|Screenplay by||Enrico Santos
Kren Issa Mari Yap
|Music by||Carmina Cuya|
|Edited by||Vanessa De Leon|
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
|Box office||PHP 25,201,412|
Amorosa (The Revenge) is a 2012 Filipino psychological horror drama film directed by Topel Lee, starring Angel Aquino, Enrique Gil, and Martin del Rosario. This film was produced by Skylight Films and released last August 29, 2012 by Star Cinema.
Years ago, Amorosa (Angel Aquino), her husband, and her two boys Amiel and Rommel (Martin del Rosario and Enrique Gil) got into a car accident. Her husband died in the accident, leaving her alone to take care of her boys. In the present, she decides to move her family to a remote pension house. But once there, she discovers that the house is home to an angry spirit seeking revenge for sins committed years ago. And as she deals with the fear of this spirit popping up everywhere, she struggles to reconnect with Rommel, who hasn’t been the same since the accident.
- Angel Aquino as Rosa 
- Martin del Rosario as Amiel dela Cruz
- Enrique Gil as Rommel dela Cruz
- Empress Schuck as Sandra Bernardo
- Carlo Aquino as Jerry Bernardo
- Ejay Falcon as William Reyes
- Jane Oineza as Amanda Reyes
- Xyriel Manabat as Nadia
- Jairus Aquino as Jun
- Richard Quan as Sgt. Villegas
- Mosang as Florida
- Franco Daza as Rudolf
- Lloyd Samartino as Lito
- Nanding Josef as Mang Pedro
- Nico Antonio as Glen
- Lilia Cuntapay as Lulu
- Russell Klein as Francisco Del Rosario
- Julijo Pisk as Young Amiel
- Joseph Marco as Peter Reyes
- Jake Cuenca as Alfred Reyes
- Loisa Andalio as Jamie Reyes
- Maris Racal as Agnes Reyes
- Julia Barretto as Jane
- Miles Ocampo as Leah
- Ahron Villena as Alberto S. Reyes
- Wendell Ramos as Benny (Amanda's Uncle)
- Alex Medina as Carlo
- Arjo Atayde as Steven
- Ron Morales as Marv
- Victor Silayan as Harry
- Richard Yap as Oscar
- JC De Vera as Ryan
- Bernard Palanca as Patrick
- Dominic Roque as Juan
- Joem Bascon as Shrek
- Jay Manalo as Artie
The film received R13 rating. The maindie film was released the same week with the musical film I Do Bidoo Bidoo. It earned an estimated P11,738,087 on its first five days well ahead of I Do Bidoo Bidoo. Amorosa grossed P25,201,412 in 2 weeks according to Box Office Mojo. It ranked 2nd Top Grossing Independent Film of 2012 and one of the 20 Top Grossing Filipino films of 2012.
- 29th Star Awards for Movies
-Indie Movie of the Year nominee
-Indie Movie Director of the Year nominee
-Indie Movie Screenwriter of the Year nominee
- "Verdict: Proceed with Caution". Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "Amorosa (2012 film)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "Amorosa: The Revenge". Retrieved August 15, 2012.
- "Amorosa Trailer Movie". Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "Angel Aquino stars in horror movie". Retrieved August 17, 2012.
- "'Amorosa' beats Apo musical movie at box office". Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- "Amorosa Grosses P11.74 Million on First Week, I Do Bidoo Didoo Rakes in P5.81 Million". Retrieved September 7, 2012.
- "20 TOP GROSSING FILIPINO FILMS OF 2012". Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "CORAZON tops 2012 Maindie Films!". Retrieved January 22, 2013.
|This article about a film made in the Philippines is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 2010s horror film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|