|Position:||Special teams coordinator|
|Date of birth:||December 31, 1959|
|Place of birth:||Tallahassee, Florida|
|High school:||Carrollton (AL) Pickens|
|Career highlights and awards|
College playing career
Jones began his NFL coaching career as an assistant special teams coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was hired on January 29, 2007. He worked under special teams coach Bob Ligashesky and head coach Mike Tomlin. He had previously worked with Tomlin as well as former Steelers offensive line coach Larry Zierlein in the late 1990s at the University of Cincinnati. Other connections with the Steelers staff included serving under (former) offensive coordinator Bruce Arians when he was head coach at Temple in the 1980s and playing and coaching at Alabama during the late 1970s and early 1980s when Steelers assistant head coach John Mitchell served at the Tide's defensive line coach.
Prior to joining the Steelers, Jones had coached football for 26 years—four seasons at the high school level; 21 seasons at the college level at Alabama, Temple, Pitt, Tulane, Cincinnati, James Madison, and Mississippi State; and a single year with the Canadian Football League's BC Lions.
Jones was retained by the Steelers as assistant special teams coach when Ligashesky was replaced by Al Everest as the Steelers' special teams coordinator in 2010. When Everest was fired by the team just prior to the 2012 season, Jones took over responsibility for all of the special teams.In 2013 Jones was hired by the Arizona Cardinals.
Jones grew up in Aliceville, Alabama. He is a 1978 graduate of Pickens Academy, a private school in Carrollton, Alabama. He was baptized in the Southern Baptist faith on the same day as his father.
Jones and his wife Stacey (formerly Stacey Merkle) have four children. Their oldest daughter attends the University of Alabama. The family makes their off-season home on a farm in Pickens County, Alabama, located between Aliceville and Carrollton.
- "Amos Jones (bio)". Official Website of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Steelers.com. Archived from the original on October 25, 2012. Retrieved October 25, 2012.
- "Ex-Tide player, coach Jones joins Cardinals' staff". Retrieved August 22, 2016.
- Former UA Players to Coach in Super Bowl, Tommy Deas, The Tuscaloosa News, January 26, 2009 (accessed online 2009-02-10)
- "Aliceville native helps Steelers reach Super Bowl". The Commercial Dispatch. February 1, 2009. Archived from the original on February 6, 2009. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- Stricklin, Art (January 29, 2009). "Mike Tomlin, Steelers head coach, talks about his faith". Baptist Press. Retrieved 2009-02-19.
- "New football assistants make debut under the lights". Mississippi State University Reflector. April 16, 2004. Retrieved 2009-02-19.