Amphibia (TV series)
|Created by||Matt Braly|
|Voices of||Brenda Song|
|Theme music composer||Doug Petty|
|Opening theme||Welcome to Amphibia (instrumental)|
|Ending theme||Welcome to Amphibia|
by Celica Gray Westbrook
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Matt Braly|
|Running time||22 minutes|
11 minutes per segment
|Production company(s)||Disney Television Animation|
|Distributor||Disney-ABC Domestic Television|
|Original network||Disney Channel|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080p|
Amphibia is an upcoming American animated television series produced by Disney Television Animation for Disney Channel. The series was created by Matt Braly. It is scheduled to premiere on June 17, 2019.
The series chronicles the adventures of a self-centered 13-year-old Thai-American girl named Anne Boonchuy. After stealing a mysterious treasure chest, she is magically transported to Amphibia, a wild marshland full of talking frog-people. She soon meets and befriends an adventurous young frog named Sprig Plantar, who will guide her to be a true hero, while discovering the first true friendship of her life.
- Brenda Song as Anne Boonchuy, a 13-year-old Thai-American girl who finds a treasure chest that leads her to Amphibia. She must adjust to her new life and face the ups-and-downs of Amphibia.
- Justin Felbinger as Sprig Plantar, an adventurous and curious pink frog who befriends Anne
- Amanda Leighton as Polly Plantar, Sprig's polliwog sister who carries herself around inside a bucket.
- Bill Farmer as Hop Pop Plantar, Sprig and Polly's traditional and overprotective grandpa.
- Anna Akana as Sasha, one of Anne's best friends back home.
- Tony Hale as Apothecary Gary, a mysterious salesman.
- Chris Sullivan as Gunther, a southern tusked frog who lives in the outskirts of Wartwood, and Teddy, a bed and breakfast owner.
- Stephen Root as Mayor Toadstool, Wartwood's mayor.
- Jack McBrayer as Toadie, Toadstool's assistant.
- Kristen Johnston as Braddock, a prison guard.
- Matt Jones as Percy, a prison guard.
- Tara Lipinski as a talent judge.
- Johnny Weir as a talent judge.
- Diedrich Bader as Frog Jordan, a famous bugball player.
- Kevin McDonald as Mr. Duckweed, a restaurant critic.
- James Patrick Stuart as One-Eyed Wally, a local town vagrant.
Amphibia was created by Matt Braly, previously a storyboard artist on Gravity Falls and Steven Universe and later a director on Big City Greens. According to his Twitter account, he had been working on the series for almost two years before being greenlit. The show was based on Braly's childhood trips to Bangkok, Thailand.
On July 19, 2018, during the Star vs. the Forces of Evil and Big City Greens panel at San Diego Comic-Con, Disney released an early version of the intro for the series. On April 27, 2019, Disney FanFest released a music video for the ending theme performed by Celica Gray Westbrook (formerly credited as Celica Westbrook) and a two-minute clip during a livestream.
On May 14, 2019, Disney Channel released the trailer.
On May 17, 2019, Disney Channel released the final version of the intro.
Amphibia will also be scheduled to include shorts, beginning with Teen Girl in a Frog World.
- "Amphibia | Disney Channel Press". DisneyABC Press. Retrieved March 11, 2019.
- "Animated Comedy 'Amphibia' Gets Early Season 2 Order at Disney Channel". The Hollywood Reporter. May 15, 2019.
- Milligan, Mercedes (February 23, 2018). "Disney Greenlights Originals 'Amphibia,' 'Owl House' and More 'Star Vs.'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved January 2, 2019.
- "Sneak Peak of Amphibia". Retrieved April 29, 2019.
- Bennett, Anita. "Brenda Song Returns To Disney Channel In Animated Series 'Amphibia'". Deadline.com. Retrieved March 27, 2019.
- "Disney Channel Animation Celebration Panel 2019 Fan Fest". Retrieved April 29, 2019.
- Petski, Denise. "Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4". Deadline.com. Retrieved February 23, 2018.
- Pedersen, Erik (May 15, 2019). "Brenda Song's 'Amphibia' Renewed For Season 2 Ahead Of Series Premiere On Disney Channel". Deadline Hollywood.
- "AMPHIBIA OPENING + BETTER QUALITY (SDCC 2018)". Retrieved May 19, 2019.
- "Celica Gray - Welcome to Amphibia (From "Amphibia")". Retrieved May 14, 2019.
- "Sneak Peek of Amphibia". Retrieved April 29, 2019.
- "Trailer | Amphibia | Disney Channel". Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- "Theme Song | Amphibia | Disney Channel". Retrieved May 17, 2019.