Ampie du Preez
Ampie Du Preez
|Associated acts||AB De Villiers, ‘n Man Soos Jan, Elizma Theron, Sean Else|
Ampie Du Preez (born c. 1982) is a South African singer-songwriter. In 2010 he collaborated with South African cricketer AB de Villiers on their debut album, Maak Jou Drome Waar (Make Your Dreams Come True).
Ampie previously worked with South African group 'n Man Soos Jan.
He has also done songwriting for South African artist Elizma Theron. He penned the title track to her 2009 album "Ek Soek Jou."
He released his first album entitled "Definitely Maybe" when he was in grade 11.
He formed a duet with former Eden member Sean Else called 34 Grade Suid. They released their first album "Staan Vas". Music videos were released for both the single "Val Sonder Jou" (in early March 2011) and for the title track in July 2011.
- "AB's perfect pitch". YOU. Retrieved 2010-09-11.
- "Are you up for the challenge?". Sony Music Africa. Archived from the original on 18 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-11.
- "YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "34° SUID - STAAN VAS". YouTube. 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Ampie - Klaradyn (HD)". YouTube. 2012-03-21. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "Ampie - SOS". YouTube. 2012-06-17. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- "AB de Villiers Fansite". Archived from the original on 26 September 2010. Retrieved 2010-09-11.