|Full name||Amr Medhat Warda|
|Date of birth||17 September 1993|
|Place of birth||Alexandria, Egypt|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Winger, attacking midfielder|
|2015||→ Al-Ittihad (loan)||16||(1)|
|2017–2018||→ Atromitos (loan)||23||(8)|
|2019||→ Atromitos (loan)||12||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 6 May 2019|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 22:32, 21 June 2019 (UTC)
Amr Medhat Warda (Egyptian Arabic: عـمرو وردة; born 17 September 1993) is an Egyptian professional footballer who plays for Greek club PAOK and the Egyptian national team as an attacking midfielder.
On 22 August 2015, Warda signed a three-year contract with Panetolikos F.C. on a free transfer from Al Ahly. Panetolikos winger Amr Warda is happy to be rewarded for the Best Goal of the 2nd matchday in the Greek Super League. "I'm very happy that fans voted my goal as the best. I'll try to do my best for me and my team. This goal was important not only for me but for my team too. We proved to be a good team. From my first day in Panetolikos everyone treated me nice. We co-operate and we all try for the best" Warda said. The attacking midfielder is a transfer target of the big three of Super League, according to his compatriots. On 20 December 2015, he scored the first goal in a 2–0 crucial home win against Iraklis. He was named man of the match.
On 4 March 2016, attacking midfielder Warda has been called up in Egypt squad ahead of friendly games against Nigeria in 25 and 29 March. The Argentine manager of National Team Héctor Cúper is very pleased with the performances of 22-year-old international with the Greek club this season. After a successful season, the Egyptian winger is being monitored by various clubs such as Anderlecht, Marseille as well as Italian and Turkish clubs.
On 11 September 2016, he scored his first goal for the 2016–17 season in a 2–1 away loss against PAOK. A week later he opened the score in a glorious 2–0 away win against rivals Atromitos. On 6 November 2016, he opened the score in a 2–1 home win against AEL.
On 24 January 2017, the Egyptian attacking midfielder signed a 3.5 years' season contract with PAOK, for an annual fee of €250.000 . Warda became the seventh Egyptian to play for PAOK after former Egyptian internationals Magdy Tolba, Hossam Hassan, Ibrahim Hassan, Abdel Sattar Sabry, Shikabala and Amir Azmy. The transfer fee is set to €350.000, while Panetolikos kept a 15% future percentage sale. He chose to wear number 7 in Greece and number 74 in European matches. On 23 April 2017, he scored his first Super League goal with PAOK in a 3–1 away win against Platanias Warda, who played the full 90 minutes, scored the opener after four minutes when he shot into the bottom corner following a low cross from the left. On 2 July 2017, according to media, Warda will not follow PAOK's squad in preparation for disciplinary problems and will soon be loaned. On 9 August 2017, Warda was loaned to Feirense. Warda has joined the Portuguese club from Greece's PAOK on a one-year loan deal worth €1.25 million. Unfortunately on 12 August 2017, according to Portuguese reports, Warda is ready to exit Feirense just three days after signing his contract with the club. Records claims that the Egyptian midfielder, who moved to Portugal on loan from PAOK, harassed the wives of two of his teammates. Therefore, besides the players' allegations the Portuguese club are set to terminate the agreement. https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/feirense/detalhe/warda-chegou-ha-tres-dias-importunou-mulheres-dos-colegas-e-pode-ser-despedido
Loan to Atromitos
On 29 August 2017, Warda joined Atromitos on a season-long loan. On 23 September 2017, he scored his first goal with the club in a 3–0 home win against Lamia On 16 December 2017, his club beat 3-1 struggling rivals Kerkyra on the road, thanks to a second-half brace by the international midfielder, who named MVP of the game.
Warda has been named the best playmaker in Greek Super League first round after his impressive displays with Atromitos. Following his outstanding first round showings in the Super League, Warda was named the best playmaker in the League. Warda has been playing outstandingly with Atromitos Athens as he scored five goals and assisted twice in 12 outings in the league. On 11 February 2018, he also made a remarkable performance in a 2-2 home draw game against champions Olympiakos, as at 19' he made a superb cross picked out the run of Theodoros Vasilakakis, who beat Silvio Proto with a powerful and well-placed header. Five minutes later Warda was in the thick of the action again down the left, presenting Nigerian striker Abiola Dauda with a perfect chance to score, only for the Atromitos striker to fluff his lines and scuff a poor shot straight at Proto. And in the second half he made a superb cross to Nicolas Diguiny who skipped the challenge of Alberto Botia before sending a powerful shot arrowing into the corner. On 26 February 2018, Atromitos held AEK Athens to a tense 1-1 draw in Peristeri, equalising in the final stages with a wonderful goal from Egyptian winger Warda. On 10 March 2018, with a late head goal helped his club to escape with a 2-2 away draw from Panionios stadium.
Return to PAOK
On summer of 2018, after an exceptional year with Atromitos, Warda returned to PAOK ahead of the 2018-19 season. On 21 August 2018, Warda slammed home a loose ball inside the area following Fernando Varela's header hit the crossbar to gift PAOK an important away goal in a 1-1 away draw game for UEFA Champions League Playoffs, 1st leg against Benfica. Despite his talent, Warda, is set to depart the club with the possibility of returning to Atromitos, where he played on loan last year. The feud between PAOK manager, Razvan Lucescu, and the Egyptian midfielder remains evident, with Warda being dropped from the squad on several occasions already, due to being disrespectful towards Lucescu during training sessions.
Second spell in Atromitos
On 24 January 2019, Warda rejoined Atromitos for the rest of the 2018–19 season, with an option to make the transfer permanent. On 16 February 2019, Warda struck to make the score 2-0 as he had the simplest task of tapping the ball into an empty net after a superb run from fellow PAOK loanee Dimitris Chatziisaias ended with him serving up a perfect assist, in a 2-0 away win against PAS Giannina. On 23 February 2019, he equalized the score with a head kick after an assist from Javier Umbides in a 1-1 away draw against Asteras Tripoli.
On 11 October 2015, Warda made his debut for the first team in a friendly match against Zambia in Abu Dhabi. Warda exceptional season year with Panetolikos was his passport to be called by Héctor Cúper to the 30 man provisional 2017 Africa Cup of Nations squad . Warda helped Egypt reach the final by scoring the last penalty in the semifinals over the Burkina Faso, but the crucial last match ended in a 1–2 defeat by Cameroon.
On 26 June 2019, Warda was excluded from the national team camp over sexual harassment claims. However, the Egyptian Football Association recalled him to the national team two days later after the player posted an apology video on his official account on Facebook.
- As of matches played on 23 February 2019
|Al Ahly||2013–14||Egyptian Premier League||1||0||0||0||—||1||0|
|Al Ittihad (loan)||2014–15||16||1||0||0||16||1|
|Atromitos (loan)||2017–18||Superleague Greece||23||8||5||3||—||28||11|
- As of match played 12 October 2018. Egypt score listed first, score column indicates score after each Warda goal.
|1||12 October 2018||Al Salam Stadium, Cairo, Egypt||22||eSwatini||2–0||4–1||2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualification|
- "2018 FIFA World Cup Russia: List of players: Egypt" (PDF). FIFA. 17 June 2018. p. 9.
- "Amr Warda". footballdatabase.eu. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 31 December 2018.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Warda satisfied with Panetolikos" (in Greek). Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Warda included in PAOK transfer rumours" (in Greek). Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Φαραώ ο Ουάρντα στο Αγρίνιο, 2-0 ο Παναιτωλικός τον Ηρακλή". Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Warda called up in Egypt National Team" (in Greek). Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "RSC Anderlecht's scouts made a report for Warda" (in Greek). Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Marseille monitoring Warda" (in Greek). Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Italian and turkish clubs monitoring Warda" (in Greek). Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Ο Μαρκόφσκι λύτρωσε τον Παναιτωλικό, 2-1 τη Λάρισα". www.zougla.gr (in Greek). Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Παίκτης του ΠΑΟΚ ο Ουάρντα" (in Greek). PAOK FC. 24 January 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Aυτό είναι το deal ΠΑΟΚ-Παναιτωλικού για Ουάρντα" (in Greek). www.sport24.gr. 24 January 2017. Retrieved 24 January 2017.
- "Φουριόζος ο ΠΑΟΚ, "καθάρισε" με 3–1 τον Πλατανιά" (in Greek). www.sport24.gr. 23 April 2017.
- "All About Transfers: Day 27 (2/7)" (in Greek). www.contra.gr. 2 July 2017.
- "Στην Φεϊρένσε ο Ουάρντα - PAOKFC". PAOKFC (in Greek). 9 August 2017. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- "Record". Record.pt. Retrieved 21 June 2019.
- "EXCLUSIVE | Amr Warda joins Atromitos Athens". www.kingfut.com. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- Ατρόμητος – Λαμία 3–0
- Κέρκυρα - Ατρόμητος 1-3
- "Ο Χατζισαφί έσωσε στο 90' τον Ολυμπιακό, 2-2 με τον Ατρόμητο". www.sport24.gr. 11 February 2018.
- "Ατρόμητος - ΑΕΚ 1-1". www.gazzetta.gr. 26 February 2018.
- "Ματσάρα στη Νέα Σμύρνη, ισόπαλοι Πανιώνιος - Ατρόμητος (2-2)". www.sport24.gr. 10 March 2018.
- "Μπενφίκα - ΠΑΟΚ 1-1". www.gazzetta.gr. 21 August 2018.
- "PAOK coach warns Warda: Players must respect teammates, whole team". www.kingfut.com. 19 October 2018.
- "Ατρόμητος: Η επιστροφή του Ουάρντα στο Περιστέρι". www.sport24.gr. 24 January 2019.
- "ΠΑΣ Γιάννινα - Ατρόμητος 0-2: Με Κουλούρη οδηγό για την Ευρώπη". www.sport24.gr. 16 February 2019.
- "Αστέρας - Ατρόμητος 1-1: Έδειξε χαρακτήρα η ομάδα του Περιστερίου". www.sport24.gr. 23 February 2019.
- Στην επιλογή για Κόπα Άφρικα ο Ουάρντα Retrieved 16 December 2016
- "World Cup 2018: All the confirmed squads for this summer's finals in Russia".[permanent dead link]
- "Warda excluded from Egypt national team over disciplinary reasons". Egypt Today. 26 June 2019. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- "EFA: Amr Warda recalled to Egypt's Africa Cup of Nations camp". KingFut. 28 June 2019. Retrieved 28 June 2019.
- "Amr Warda » Club matches". World Football. Retrieved 15 June 2018.
- egypttodaay.com Exclusive Warda: I need more titles with PAOK