Amrita College of Education
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (September 2011)|
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: general bad writing and grammar mistakes; excessive use of bullets. (May 2015)|
|Motto||இருள் நீக்கி, ஒளி நோக்கி (Tamil)|
Motto in English
|Leading from Darkness to Light|
|Location||Tirupattur, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Affiliations||Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University |
Amrita College of Education (Tamil: அமிர்தா கல்வியியல் கல்லூரி) is a Private, self-financed Teacher Education College established and maintained by Amritalaya Educational Charitable Trust, Tirupattur in 2006, recognized by the 'National Council for Teacher Education'.
Amritalaya Educational Charitable Trust and the institutions established there under are the brain children of Dr. Madhava Bharathi (Founder, and Director), an ardent devotee of Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, popularly known as Amma. He along with Lion. Mr. A.Kushal Chand Jain, (Co-founder and Secretary) and eleven other devoted members ( Board of Trustees) has found the Trust in 2005. Later in 2006 Amrita College of Education was established under the Trust.
The college was affiliated to the Thiruvalluvar University until the year 2007; Now it is affiliated with the Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University Chennai. established in 2008 by enacting an Act by the State Government of Tamil Nadu ( Act No.(33) of 2008 ).
- 2005: Establishment of the Amritalaya Educational Charitable Trust
- 2006: Establishment of the Amrita College of Education
- B.Ed., Degree Course
Campus Life and Extracurricular
- Seminars and Symposiums are regularly conducted for knowledge enrichment and to develop competencies among faculties and students.
- State-of-art E-Learning facilities
- Notable personalities like Perumal Rasu, Dr. Madhava Bharathi, Dr.Prof: Ratna Natarajan, Dr.K.Anandan, Dr. Natarajan and many other academicians and eminent persons take sessions periodically, during the yearly workshops focusing on academic, spiritual, interpersonal values, social values and personality development of the students and staff
- Quality Enhancement Camps are conducted periodically for the staff and students.
"Thamaso Ma Jyothirgamaya" (Sanskrit: तमसो मा ज्योतिर्गमय) - 'Lead us from Darkness to Light' is the motto of the college
- 'Tamil Nadu Teachers Education University, Chennai'
- 'List of Teacher Education Colleges in Tamil Nadu affiliated with TNTEU'