Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Chancellor||Mata Amritanandamayi Devi|
|Vice-Chancellor||P. Venkat Rangan|
|Campus||Amritapuri in Kollam, Coimbatore, Bangalore, Kochi, Mysore|
Amrita Schools of Engineering
The Amrita School of Engineering at Ettimadai, Coimbatore predates Amrita University. In 1994, when it was established, it became the first Amrita institution for higher education. In 2008, the school celebrated its thirteenth "Institution Day".
The three Schools of Engineering have the following departments:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The three schools offer B.Tech, M.Tech and PhD degree programs and the Kochi campus offers M.Tech in Nano-Medicine, Molecular Medicine and Nanotechnology and Renewable Energy.
Amrita School of Business
The school offers a residential two-year MBA degree program. In addition, it offers a dual degree program leading to an MS in information technology and MBA in collaboration with State University of New York at Buffalo, for working professionals at the Bangalore campus. Faculty members have B.A.s and B.B.A.s from reputed foreign universities such as University of California, Berkeley, Cornell University, NYU Stern School of Business, University of Texas at Austin, and Kellogg School of Management.
Amrita Schools of Arts and Sciences
The schools offer Bachelor of Commerce (BCom), Bachelor of Business Management (BBM), Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA), Master of Computer Applications (MCA), Master of Science (MSc) in Computer Science and information technology degree programs.
Amrita Healthcare Campuses
Attached to the Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, a 1300-bed super-speciality hospital in Kochi aims to provide the "best medical care regardless of the patient's ability to pay. " "It is the university's healthcare initial campus. Foundation stone for a second medical school and 2,000 bed hospital campus in Delhi is laid on of 9 May 2016. This will be the second healthcare campus and medical school.""The Amrita Schools of Medicine, Dept of Hospital Administration provide MHA (Masters in Hospital Administration), Nursing, Pharmacy, and Dentistry are on this campus. They respectively offer MBBS, Bachelor of Science (Nursing), undergraduate/graduate Pharmacy programs, and Bachelor of Dental Surgery degree programs."
The School of Medicine offers graduate programs including MSc in disciplines, Diplomate of National Board (DNB), and PhD. In 2008, the first batch of MBBS students graduated with A. P. J. Abdul Kalam presiding over the graduation ceremony.
Amrita School of Biotechnology
The school was started in September 2004 and offers BSc and MSc in Biotechnology, BSc and MSc in Microbiology, and MSc in Bioinformatics, as well as Ph.D. degree programs. Its research spans a wide spectrum including Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology, Cell-line Engineering, Wound Healing, Computational Neuroscience, Neurophysiology, Phytochemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Proteomics, RNAi, Analytical Chemistry, Snake Venoms, Sanitation Biotechnology.
The Amrita School of Biotechnology is approved as a Center of Relevance and Excellence (CORE) in Biomedical Technology under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, TIFAC Mission REACH programme. The School of Biotechnology was selected by the DBT-BIRAC (Government of India) and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation as one of the top six innovators in India to develop next generation sanitation solutions using bacteriophages and other biocontrol agents.
Amrita School of Communication
The school offers (BA and MA) degree programs in Communication. The course helps prepare students for careers in journalism, new media/animation, and short film making and advertising. It is modeled on UNESCO guidelines. Amrita University was one among the first Indian universities to adopt the UNESCO model curriculum.
- "Amrita School of Engineering celebrates Institution Day". The Hindu. 8 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- "Amrita – New York Universities Launch Joint Programs". The Hindu. 3 January 2006. Archived from the original on 22 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "A B-school leveraging education and spirituality". 24 August 2008. Archived from the original on 14 September 2008. Retrieved 2015-12-30.
- "Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kochi". Express Healthcare. 1 September 2007.
- "Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi". Amritapuri.org MA Math. Retrieved 2016-09-05.
- "Kalam's Charter for Doctors". Outlook Magazine. 5 February 2008. Archived from the original on 26 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
- "Amrita University Research Centers". amrita.edu.
- "Amrita University Research Centers". amrita.edu.
- "Sanitation Biotechnology". amrita.edu.
- "Indian Researchers Selected to Develop Next Generation Toilets". The Telegraph.
- "Media Course with UNESCO Model Curriculum". The Hindu, Education Plus. 28 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-09-30.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham.|