This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Additional official||Urdu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Amroha is located north-west of Moradabad, near the Sot River. Being just 130 km away, Amroha's weather is very similar to Delhi. The city is divided into localities and blocks. The climate of the Amroha is similar to other districts of Western Uttar Pradesh situated at the base of Himalaya which becomes hot in summer and dry & cold in winter.
Amroha is a city in UP. As per the final data of 2011 census, Amroha had a population of 198,471. Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 28323 which is 14.27% of total population of Amroha (NPP). In Amroha Nagar Palika Parishad, Female Sex Ratio is of 925 against state average of 912. Moreover, Child Sex Ratio in Amroha is around 950 compared to Uttar Pradesh state average of 902. Literacy rate of Amroha city is 62.36% lower than state average of 67.68%. In Amroha, Male literacy is around 66.73% while female literacy rate is 57.61%.
Amroha is known for its production of mangoes;. Some of the industries in Amroha include cotton & textiles, and small-scale production of cotton cloth, hand-loom weaving, pottery making, sugar milling and secondary ones are carpet manufacturing, wood handicrafts and dholak manufacturing.
Amroha is well connected through Railways and Road with Indian capital New Delhi. Amroha railway station is situated on Delhi-Moradabad line and all passenger trains & most of the express trains stop here. Amroha railway station is on a line built by Oudh and Rohilkhand Railway, 868 miles from Kolkata. Amroha is about 5 km away from NH 24, a four-lane highway which connects New Delhi to Lucknow.
- Azeem Amrohvi
- Eqbal Mehdi
- Jaun Elia
- Kamal Amrohi
- K. A. Nizami
- Syed Ali Mehdi Naqvi (Khayal Amrohvi)
- Mahboob Ali, M.L.A (Ex.Cabinet Minister, U.P.Govt)
- Mohammed Shami,cricketer
- Syed Qaim Raza Taqvi (Naseem Amrohvi)
- Nawab Waqar-ul-Mulk Kamboh
- Nisar Ahmed Faruqi
- Qaem Amrohi
- Rais Amrohvi
- Syed Mahmood Naqvi
- Syed Sadequain Ahmed Naqvi
- Syed Wajih Ahmad Naqvi
- "52nd REPORT OF THE COMMISSIONER FOR LINGUISTIC MINORITIES IN INDIA" (PDF). nclm.nic.in. Ministry of Minority Affairs. Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 May 2017. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- "Amroha Pin code". citypincode.in. Retrieved 21 March 2014.
- "Amroha Religion Census 2011". Office of the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- BBC report