|Vice President, Corporate Head(West India), Axis Bank|
|Assumed office |
31 October 2014
|Born||9 April 1979|
Nagpur, Maharashtra, India
Devendra Fadnavis (m. 2005)
|Parents||Father : Sharad Ranade (Ophthalmologist)|
Mother : Charulata Ranade (Gynaecologist)
|Relatives||Gaurav Ranade (brother)|
|Education||- MBA in Finance|
- Qualified CIEL – Wealth Management Examination
- Taxation Laws from Symboisis Law School, Pune
- G.S.College of Commerce and Economics, Nagpur (B.Com)
Amruta Devendra Fadnavis (born 9 April 1979) is a banker, singer and social activist. She is married to the former Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis. Currently, she holds the post of Vice President – Corporate Head (west India) with Axis bank. 
- 1 Early life
- 2 Personal life
- 3 Career
- 3.1 As Banker
- 3.2 As Singer
- 3.3 As Actor
- 3.4 As Social Activist
- 3.5 Peace Ambassador
- 4 Controversies
- 5 Awards
- 6 References
Amruta Fadnavis was born, as Amruta Ranade on 9 April 1979 in Nagpur, Maharashtra, to Dr. Sharad Ranade, an Ophthalmologist and Dr. Charulata Ranade, a Gynaecologist. She grew up in a household where education and independence for women was essential. She initially studied at St. Joseph Convent School, Nagpur. She graduated from G.S. College of Commerce and Economics. Later she pursued MBA in finance and studied taxation laws from Symbiosis Law School, Pune. Along with studies she also participated in sports and an excellent sports person. She was a state level under 16 tennis player.
She has a brother named Gaurav Ranade, an Engineer.
As a banker, she is working with Axis Bank since last 14 years. She joined as Executive – cashier & currently working as Vice President – Corporate Head West India, Transaction Banking Department. She shifted to the corporate office at Worli, Mumbai in January 2015 and continued working with Axis bank even after her husband became the Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
She is a Trained classical singer, and has performed at various social events and is actively involved in Entertainment Industry. She has sung for many commercial & social Movies. She made her debut as a Playback Singer in Prakash Jha’s ‘Jai Gangaajal’ with the song titled ‘Sab Dhan Mati’.She sang a song in a biopic "Sangharsh Yatra" based on the Life of Late BJP leader ‘Gopinath Munde’. She performed at prestigious charity event ‘Umang-2017’ & ‘Umang 2018’for the welfare of Mumbai Police.
Her Mumbai River Anthem to save the four rivers of Mumbai was well received by the People and evoked huge response
A documentary on banker-singer-social activist Amruta Fadnavis, who has made notable contributions towards the welfare of the Indian society through her hard work, dedication and the will to make a difference was made named 'The Voice' and has won the Best Film Documentary at IndieFEST which was Written, Directed & Produced by Sagar Pagar.
As Social Activist
As a social activist, she is currently working for ‘Women Empowerment’ & ‘ Development of Rural India’ with the goal of bringing out a social change. She has adopted village ‘Fetri’ & village ‘Kawdas’ for the development and economic up-liftment. Her goal is to improve Village Sanitation & infrastructural development. She has partnered with BMC to promote wellness of the ‘Sweeper Community’ and with ‘Film City’ for welfare program of workers. Mrs. Fadnavis has walked the ramp as showstopper for the promotion of handloom and education of girl child at ‘New York Fashion Week’. Mrs. Fadnavis had also walked the ramp for NIFT to promote Tribal Craft - weaving form of Maharashtra. 
Initiator of 'Mitti Ke Sitare' a Talent hunt for BMC & Slum School Children
Rooted as an initiative of Mrs. Amruta Fadanvis who believes in creating new opportunities, 'Mitti Ke Sitare' is a project of Divyaj Foundation. It is a talent hunt reality show for underprivileged children between the age 7-15. The children who are unable to realize their dreams due to poverty and lack of resources, despite having talent will be selected from 1187 BMC schools. The show will act as a launching pad for the children with a talent in music and singing. First round of auditions was taken for about 2500 entries received of the children. Of these 600 were shortlisted for second round. Of which 56 are going to appear in the third round on 27 February 2019 as of now. Lastly Top 20-30 children will be trained for the grand finale. Objective of the project is to bring out the hidden talent of the children to aid them in shaping their personalities and find better future opportunities. This project is for the betterment of the society and its children as a whole.
Chief Patron for "Davis Cup" Tennis Tournaments
The curtains over Amruta Fadnavis's multiple talents have awed those around her after Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association (MSLTA) involved Mrs. Fadnavis as the chief patron of the Davis Cup tie between India and New Zealand 2017 in Pune. The wife of Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis was an avid tennis player during her academic days and is now a busy professional banker who hopes to prolong her association with the MSLTA even after the Davis Cup.
Leads Confidence Walk for Acid Attack Victors
Fashion show of Acid Attack Victors was organised by Amruta Fadnavis recently at The National Sports Club of India, NSCI Dome, Worli. Acid Attack Victors walked on stage along with Bollywood celebrities like Juhi Chawla, Sonali Bendre, Anu Malik, Sakshi Tanwar and Vivek Oberoi. The show was supported by Divyaj Foundation in collaboration with Maharashtra State Women Commission.
The event was organized with the sense of responsibility to include the Acid Attack Victors in our mainstream society, to empower them by way of Love, Care, Treatment, Rehabilitation and Restoration as members of society. Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis was present at the event as a Chief Guest. He announced that State Government has increased the compensation amount for Acid Attack Victims from Rs. 3 Lakh to Rs. 5 Lakh.
The event was presided by Amruta Fadnavis. She has led this initiative, also launched a Music Video titled ‘Alag Mera Yeh Rang Hai’ to which she has lent her voice as well. Amruta Fadnavis’ daughter walked the ramp with the youngest victor, who is just 7 years old. 
In addition to Bollywood celebrities, the event was attended by Ajoy Mehta – Municipal Commissioner Mumbai, Datta Padsalgikar – Police Commissioner of Mumbai, Vijaya Rahatkar, Chairperson Maharashtra State Women Commission and Women and Child Welfare Minister Pankaja Munde.
Celebrates International Yoga day with farmer’s children
Mrs. Amruta Fadnavis took the biggest initiative on International Yoga Day-2017, in which 650 children of the suicide victim farmers were called to celebrate Yoga day Knowing that Yoga and Meditation will help the children to relieve their stress and would ultimately lead to the betterment of their health, Amruta Fadnavis wisely arranged this yoga session for the children. This event was initiated by Divyaj Foundation an NGO concerned with social utility programs. Amruta Fadnavis even promoted education and betterment of health through this event. She also emphasized on ‘Women Empowerment’ & ‘Development of Rural India’ with the aim of effective social change. In 2018, she again organised International Yoga Day programme for Street Children & the children of deceased farmers which was supported by Shri Nana Patekar, Shree Shailesh Lodha & the inspirational Drum Cafe session.
Chief Patron for Women’s Tennis Tournament – L & T Mumbai Open
Big time tennis returned in India with WTA after five years and after 10 years to Maharashtra which was announced by Mrs Amruta Fadnavis, Chairperson of the organizing committee. The games were organized by the Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association (MSLTA), in association with the Govt of Maharashtra, and hosted by the Cricket Club of India (CCI) at their courts from 18 to 26 November 2017. Being the biggest fan of tennis she referred it as a best physical music and urged people to empower women to the fullest. She was again announced as the chief patron of L&T Mumbai Open Tennis Tournament which took place in November ‘2018
She led the delegation to Manasarovar to promote Indo-Chinese peace in 2015.
Cruise Ship Selfie
In October 2018, Ms. Fadnavis attended the inaugural voyage of India's first luxury cruise liner 'Angriya'. She was criticized after a video of her sitting on the edge of the vessel risking her life to take a selfie was released online. Mrs. Fadnavis purportedly ignored multiple requests from security personnel to return to the safe areas of the vessel. She later issued an apology for setting a bad example for the youth by taking undue risks to take a selfie.
• Women's Excellence Awards 2017.
• The Woman of Substance Award at I Am Woman awards 2017.
• Award for Excellence - 2017 for Excellence in Women Empowerment by All Ladies League and Divine Vibrations.
• Suryadatta National Award-2016 for excellence in the field of Banking & Finance.
• Woman of the Year - 2015 awarded by Army, Airforce, Navy (AAN foundation) towards – service to Woman's Dignity & Equality in society. • Lokmat Most Stylish Icon - Power Woman Award 2016
- "This New Singer Debuting In Bollywood Is A Chief Minister's Wife". NDTV.
- "Amruta Fadnavis, Fadnavis's banker wife to seek transfer from Nagpur". Times Of India.
- "Never give up your job, Amruta Fadnavis advises working women". The Free Press Journal.
- "Amruta Fadnavis attends 'National Prayer Breakfast' in the US". Business Standard.
- "Amruta Fadnavis attends National Prayer Breakfast in the US". India Today.
- "Amruta Fadnavis talks on drought in US". The Indian Express.
- "Trump event was a learning experience: Amruta Fadnavis". Times of India.
- "Amruta Fadnavis calls PM Modi father of the country; Twitter reminds her it is Mahatma Gandhi". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 18 September 2019.
- "Amruta Devendra Fadnavis family and early life". The Indian Express.
- "Amruta Fadnavis life changed in 24 hours". DNA India.
- "Like being a Banker but love being a Mom more – Amruta Fadnavis". nagpurtoday.
- "BEING MRS CM". Pune Mirror.
- "Why Amruta Fadnavis, Maharashtra's new first wife, is a role model". Dailyo.in.
- "On first day at Mumbai office, CM's wife sets out to make friends". MID DAY.
- "CM's wife Amruta Fadnavis sings for a Marathi biopic". Times Of India.
- "AMRUTA FADNAVIS SINGS KIRTAN AT SANTACRUZ GURUDWARA SAHIB ON GURPARAB". Mumbai Mirror.
- "Amruta Fadnavis, Maharashtra CM's wife debuts as singer in Munde biopic". The Hindu.
- "Amruta Fadnavis performing at Umang-the police welfare concert".
- "Amruta Fadnavis' first music video launches". Times Of India.
- "Maharashtra CM's Wife Amruta's Video With Big B Goes Viral, Viewed Over 7 Lakh Times In A Single Day". Daily Bhaskar.
- "Documentary On Maharashtra CM's Wife Amruta Fadnavis Wins At IndieFEST". 29 May 2019.
- "AMRUTA FADNAVIS TO WALK THE RAMP WITH ACID ATTACK SURVIVORS". Pune Mirror.
- "Amruta Fadnavis to walk the ramp with acid attack victors". Times Of India.
- "Maharashtra CM's wife Amruta Fadnavis to walk the ramp with acid attack victims". DNA India.
- "Mumbai: Young stars to sing for Mitti ke Sitare honours". dna. 27 February 2019. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "Music reality show 'Mitti Ke Sitare' for underprivileged kids announced". Zee News. 1 February 2019. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "From fashionable to frisky, Ms Fadnavis breaks stereotypes". asianage.
- "Amruta Fadnavis, wife of Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, is the chief patron". sportstarlive.com.
- "Amruta Devendra Fadnavis (R), Chief Patron of the Devis Cup Tie during the India-New Zealand Davis Cup Asia/Oceania Group 1 tie press conference at Maharashtra State Lawn Tennies Association". dailyworld.in.
- "The state women's commission, in association with NGO Divyaj Foundation, has also organised a confidence walk — Saksham". indianexpress.
- "Amruta Fadnavis leads confidence walk for acid attack survivors; compensation increased to Rs 5 lakh". maharashtratoday.in.
- "Amruta Fadnavis, daughter Divija walk the ramp". mid day.
- "Divyaj Foundation's Fashion show with 'Confidence Walk' by Acid Attack Victors attended by CM presided by wife Mrs. Amruta Fadnavis". marathicineyug.com.
- "Amruta Fadnavis Leads Confidence Walk For Acid Attack Victors". marathicelebs.com.
- Staff, Scroll. "Maharashtra CM's wife apologises for crossing cruise ship barricade for a selfie". Scroll.in. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Maharashtra CM's wife Amruta Fadnavis apologises for selfie on ship, says it wasn't risky". The Hindu. PTI. 22 October 2018. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 25 November 2018.CS1 maint: others (link)
- "Amruta Fadnavis among WOW 2017 awardees". Times Of India.
- "Amruta Fadnavis honoured with I Am Women Award 2017". bollywood Hungama.
- "Suryadatta Institute honours Mrs. Amruta Fadnavis with 2016 Suryadatta Lifetime Achievement Award". Suryadatta Group of Institutes SGI.