This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Oil and chemical|
|Alan Amatuzio, Dean Alexander (co-presidents)|
|Products||Synthetic motor oil, synthetic grease, oil filters, air filters, natural fertilizers, nutritional products|
Number of employees
|Divisions||ALTRUM - Health Division|
Amsoil Inc. is an American corporation based in Superior, Wisconsin that primarily formulates and packages synthetic lubricants and filters. The company's advertising slogan is The First in Synthetics. The company uses multi-level marketing for distribution.
Amsoil was founded by Albert J. Amatuzio, a former jet fighter pilot who had conducted research on synthetic engine oils in the early 1960s. Amatuzio later began selling the products commercially using a multi-level marketing business plan. Amatuzio died on April 1, 2017.
Amsoil then formulated synthetic lubricating oils for other applications, including specialized vehicles and severe operating conditions. In addition, Amsoil developed fuel additives, filtration systems and other companion products that supplement and extend lubricant performance.
Amsoil products are blended and packaged at the Amsoil Center in Superior, Wisconsin. It serves as the hub of a global distribution network. Regional warehouses fulfill North American orders; Amsoil bottles, cases, drums and totes are shipped worldwide.
Amsoil products are distributed through a network of independent dealers who work with their customers and accounts using a multi-level marketing model.
Amsoil has sponsored motorcycling since 1999, and is the current title sponsor of Grand National Cross Country, and the official oil of the AMA Supercross Championship and AMA Arenacross Championship. Also, the company sponsors the United States Auto Club since 2010 and the International Hot Rod Association since 2012. Amsoil also has the naming rights to an ice hockey venue in Duluth, Minnesota, named AMSOIL Arena.
Certifications and licenses
- Passi, Peter (June 17, 2015). "Amsoil founder steps down as president and CEO". Duluth News Tribune. Retrieved June 19, 2015.
- "ALBERT J. AMATUZIO". Duluth News Tribune. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- "Memorial Page for Albert J. Amatuzio". Doherty Funeral Home Duluth. Retrieved 8 August 2017.
- Kuchera, Steve (12 May 2010). "New DECC rink is Amsoil Arena". Duluth News Tribune. Retrieved 21 February 2017.
- Approved Oils - Mack Trucks
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-03-11. Retrieved 2013-02-15.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)