||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Awkward grammar, poor spelling, random capitalizations, ambiguous meanings. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Elevation||16 m (52 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Amtala Town,is Located under -Bishnupur, South 24 Parganas (Vidhan Sabha constituency)|
Amtala is located at .
As per 2011 Census of India Amtala had a total population of 8,765, of which 4,416 (50%) were males and 4,349 (50%) were females. Population below 6 years was 829. The total number of literates in Amtala was 6,896 (86.89% of the population over 6 years).
As of 2001[update] India census, Amtala had a population of 7,599. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Amtala has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 56% of the males and 44% of females literate. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Amtala has many educational institutes in its vicinity,the major ones being A.-K.E.Carmel School. B.-Amtala Udairampur pallisree sikshayatan School C.-Amtala Nivedita Balika Vidyalaya. D.-Bishnupur Shikha Sangha,being one of the oldest in the country. E..-Gandhabaduli Aghore Kamini Institution. F.-Gabberia Chhatra Bandhu Vidyapith G. Kanyanagar Vidyapit FP School . H. DAV Public School Bishnupur. I. St. Joseph's Bright School.
Amtala is a town where its surrounded by all facilities, such as educational institutes and colleges, In Town Amtala there are two premier colleges is surrounded within this town, both the colleges are under Affiliation of CU they are- A. Bikash Bharati Law College B. Vidyanagar College
Residential Project/ Townships
There has been ample residential development going on around Amtala. The new proposed South 24 Paraganas headquarters nearby along with a proposed film city  is attracting people to invest in Amtala. There are many upcoming residential projects coming up in the area. Harbour Greens is one of the biggest and well designed project coming up in Amtala, constituting unique affordable villas. With the development focus shifting on South Kolkata by the state government, a lot of residential activity and price appreciation can be expected in this area.
In Amtala there are several and numerous Shopping Stores and Malls are Present among them the three biggest shopping Malls are - A.Baazar Kolkata B.Imli's Baazar C. Regent Station and D. Deluxe Mall (Under Construction) .
Amtala has several upgrowings NGO, But among them the most Popular NGOs from Amtala are A. Zonal Welfare Council B.Sundarban Rural Development Centre
Amtala is on the crossing of Diamond Harbour Road (National Highway 117) and Baruipur Road and is served by several buslines.Nearest Important Suburban Railway Station- Baruipur Junction
- AC52 Amtala - Howrah Station
- Digha - Kakdwip
- Haldia - Kakdwip
- Falta - Digha/Haldia
- Diamond Harbour - Digha/Haldia
- Esplanade - Nainan via - Dostipur
- Diamond Harbour - Asansol
- C37 Amtala - Howrah Station
- VS6 Esplanade – Diamond Harbour (AC Bus)
- Esplanade - Usthi
- Esplanade - Ramganga
- Esplanade – Namkhana
- Esplanade – Bakkhali
- Esplanade - Kakdwip
- Namkhana – Digha
Private Bus Routes
- 83 Babughat – Falta
- 83A Babughat – Sonir More / Sherpur
- 210 Esplanade – Raichak
- 235 Amtala – Salt Lake
SD Series of Routes
- SD9 Esplanade – Noorpur (via Sarisha)
- SD9/1 Esplanade – Noorpur (via Sahararhat)
- SD14 Majherhat – Sahararhat
- SD16 Sirakole – Mukundapur (Via Santoshpur,Jadavpur,Hazra,Kalighat,Majherhut,Taratala,Sakherbazar,Pailan,Joka,Amtala,Sodepur.
- SD18 Esplanade – Diamond Harbour
- SD18 Esplanade – South Bishnupur/Raidighi
- SD19 Esplanade – Patharpratima/Gangadharpur
- SD22/1 Esplanade – Nainan Sector 4
- SD27 Akrafatak – Dostipur
- SD29 Amtala – Baruipur
- SD76 Amtala – Ruby Hospital (Via Gariahut,Rashbihari,Chetla,New Alipore,Tatatala,Behala 14no bus stand,D.H.Road.
- SD76A Amtala – Budge Budge Station (Via Bibirhat,Bakrahat,Raipur More,Bawali,Birla More,BBIT College,Charial)
STA Bus Routes
- Esplanade – Namkhana
- Amtala - Sealdah
- Nandigram - Howrah - Namkhana
- Digha - Esplanade - Namkhana
- Kotulpur - Esplanade - Namkhana
- Amtala - Baruipur
- Amtala - Diamond Harbour
- Amtala - Dhamua
- Amtala - Usthi
- Amtala - Bakrahat
- Amtala - Nepalgaunge via pailan
- Amtala - Julpia
- Amtala - Pailan
- Amtala - Gotalahat
- "Census of India". District-wise list of stautory towns. Directorate of census operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "Amtala". wikimapia. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". 2011 census: West Bengal – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 26 April 2016.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.