|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Elevation||16 m (52 ft)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Amtala is located at .
As of 2011[update] India census, Amtala had a population of 11236. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Amtala has an average literacy rate of 73%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 56% of the males and 44% of females literate. 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Amtala has many educational institutes in its vicinity,the major ones being A.K.E.Carmel School B.Amtala Udairampur pallisree sikshayatan School C.Amtala Nivedita Balika Vidyalaya. D.Bishnupur Shikha Sangha,being one of the oldest in the country. E.Pirtala High School, F.Gandhabaduli Aghore Kamini Institution G.Gabberia Chhatra bandhu bidyapith
In Amtala there are several and numerous Shopping Stores and Malls are Present among them the three biggest shopping Malls are - A.Baazar Kolkata B.Imli's Baazar C. Regent Station and D. Dulux Mall (Under Construction) .
Amtala has several upgrowings NGO, But among them the most Popular NGOs from Amtala are A. Sundarban Rural Development Training Centre (SRDTC) B. Pariwar Welfare Society C. Zonal Welfare Council .
Amtala is on the crossing of Diamond Harbour Road (National Highway 117) and Baruipur Road and is served by several buslines.
- AC52 Amtala - Howrah Station
- S13 Amtala - Ultadanga
- ORD1 Howrah Station – Amtala
- VS6 Esplanade – Diamond Harbour (AC Bus)
- Esplanade - Usthi
- Esplanade - Ramganga
- Esplanade – Namkhana
- Esplanade – Bakkhali
- Namkhana – Digha
- 83 Babughat – Falta
- 210 Esplanade – Raichak (Express Bus)
- 235 Salt Lake Karunamoyee – Amtala
- SD9 Esplanade – Noorpur
- SD9/1 Esplanade - Noorpur
- SD14 Majherhat – Sahararhat
- SD16 Sirakole – Mukundapur
- SD18 Esplanade – Diamond Harbour
- SD18 Esplanade – South Bishnupur/Raidighi
- SD19 Esplanade – Patharpratima
- SD22/1 Esplanade – Nainan Sector 4
- SD27 Akrafatak – Dostipur
- SD29 Amtala – Baruipur
- SD31 Taratala – Hotore Station
- SD35 Falta – Canning
- SD66 Joka – Baroda Nagar (Kankondighi)
- SD70 Tematha – Bisalakshmitala
- SD71 Thakurpukur – Kalicharanpur
- SD72 Baruipur – Noorpur
- SD74 Amtala – Kaikhali
- SD76 Amtala – Ruby Hospital
- SD76A Amtala – Budge Budge Station
- SD77 Joka - Mandirbazar
- SD78 Amtala – Hotore Station
- SD79 Amtala – Sarberia
- SD82 Santragachi/ Esplanade – Kakdwip
- Esplanade – Namkhana
- Amtala - Dakshineshwar
- "Census of India". District-wise list of stautory towns. Directorate of census operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "Amtala". wikimapia. Retrieved 2007-09-03.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.