|Elevation||4,200 ft (1,280 m)|
|Population (2011 Estimate)|
Amudat is a town in Northern Uganda. It is the main municipal, administrative and commercial center of Amudat District and the district headquarters are located there. The district is named after the town.
Amudat is located in Amudat District, Karamoja sub-region, in Northern Uganda. It lies approximately 85 kilometres (53 mi), by road, southeast of Moroto, the largest town in the sub-region. This location is approximately 400 kilometres (250 mi), by road, northeast of Kampala, the largest city in Uganda, and the capital of that country. The coordinates of the town are:01 57 00N, 34 57 00E (Latitude:1°57'08.0"N, 34°56'40.0"E (Latitude:1.952223; Longitude:34.944445).
Amudat was selected to be the headquarters of the newly established Amudat District, which was created by Act of Parliament and began functioning on 1 July 2010. The town is the most eastward of all the 111 district capitals in Uganda.
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or near its borders:
- The headquarters of Amudat District Administration
- The offices of Amudat Town Council
- Amudat Hospital - A 100-bed public hospital, administered by the Church Missionary Society
- Amudat Central Market
- "Map Showing Moroto And Amudat With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Approximate Road Distance Between Kampala And Amudat With Map". Google.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- Google, . "Location of Amudat At Google Maps". Google Maps. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Estimated Population of Amudat In 2011". Mongabay.com. Retrieved 2 June 2014.