|• Land||2,588.3 km2 (999.3 sq mi)|
|Population (2012 Estimate)|
|• Density||157/km2 (410/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EAT (UTC+3)|
Amuria District is bordered by Otuke District to the north, Napak District to the northeast, Katakwi District to the east, Soroti District to the south, Kaberamaido District to the southwest, and Alebtong District to the west. The town of Amuria is located approximately 45 kilometres (28 mi), by road, north of Soroti, the largest town in the sub-region.
In 1991, the national population census estimated the population of the district at 69,400. The national census in 2002 estimated the population at 180,000. In 2012, the population was estimated at 406,400.
The economy of Amuria District is based on two main activities: subsistence agriculture and animal husbandry. Over 90 percent of the population engage in either or both activities.
- Jeje Odongo, a full general and politician, served as commander of the Uganda People's Defence Force between 1998 and 2001. He also served as the elected member of parliament for this district between 1988 and 1996. Current state minister of defense in the Cabinet of Uganda.
Oloka Okello sam a prominent person in Amuria District. Worked as Chemistry Educationist till 2000. Served as Head of Fisheries Department in Amuria Didtrict from 2005 to date
- "Distance Between Soroti And Amuria With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- Districts of Uganda, Statoids, accessed 3 August 2015
- Counties of Uganda, Statoids, accessed 3 August 2015
- "Estimated Population of Amuria District In 1991, 2002 & 2012". Citypopulation.de. Retrieved 16 May 2014.