Amy Adams Strunk
Amy Adams Strunk
|Alma mater||University of Texas|
|Occupation||Controlling Owner of the Tennessee Titans, co-chairman of Board of Directors|
Amy Adams Strunk is an American businesswoman best known as the controlling owner of the National Football League's Tennessee Titans. The daughter of previous owner Bud Adams, Strunk owns one-third of the Titans franchise, with other members of the family owning the remaining two thirds. The team is currently owned under the banner of KSA Industries, which also owns many of Bud Adams' businesses. Before Strunk took over as controlling owner in 2015, that role belonged to her sister, Susie Adams Smith, whose husband Tommy Smith was team president and CEO.
Strunk attended the University of Texas, graduating with a degree in history. Born into extreme wealth, Strunk is also involved with her family's other businesses, which includes Bud Adams Ranches, Inc., and is also the president of Kenada Fox Hounds, a fox-hunting organization, and the Little River Oil and Gas Company.
Owner of the Titans
Strunk initially inherited a third of the Tennessee Titans upon her father's death, with another third going to her sister, Susie Adams Smith, and the last third to Susan Lewis, widow of their brother Kenneth S. Adams III (who died in 1987), whose shares are also split with their sons Kenneth S. Adams IV and Barclay Adams. Following two tumultuous years with Smith as controlling owner, the family decided to pass the mantle down to Strunk, with Smith selling her stake in the team in 2017. Strunk was the representing owner for the Titans during a 2015 league vote. In 2016, Strunk was appointed to the NFL's Hall of Fame committee, and was also named to the Board of Trustees for the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
She is one of a handful of female NFL owners, including Martha Firestone Ford (Detroit Lions), Virginia Halas McCaskey (Chicago Bears), Kim Pegula (Buffalo Bills), Carol Davis (Oakland Raiders), Denise DeBartolo York (San Francisco 49ers), Gayle Benson (New Orleans Saints), Janice McNair (Houston Texans), Jody Allen (Seattle Seahawks), and Dee Haslam (Cleveland Browns).
Strunk is an avid equestrian and fox-hunter. She is married to Bill Hunt, a former commercial airline pilot. They have residences in Waller, Texas and Nashville, Tennessee. She has three grown children from two previous marriages, Tracy Thompson, Tommy Thompson, and Blanche Strunk.
- Kuharsky, Paul (March 26, 2015). "So who is Amy Adams Strunk?". ESPN. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Morris, Jimmy (August 8, 2017). "Susie Adams Smith selling her 1⁄3 of the Tennessee Titans". Music City Miracles. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- Wyatt, Jim (March 25, 2015). "Goodell: Working to get Titans under 'proper ownership structure'". The Tennessean. Retrieved April 27, 2018.
- "Amy Adams Strunk". Tennessee Titans. Retrieved May 21, 2018.
- Knoblauch, Austin (May 23, 2018). "Nashville, Tennessee Titans to host 2019 NFL Draft". NFL.com. Retrieved November 11, 2018.
- Lang, Anne (September 24, 2009). "Kenada Fox Hounds Honors The Sport With Tradition And A Hearty Dose Of Texas Flair". The Chronicle of the Horse. Retrieved April 27, 2018.