Amy P. Celico is a Principal of Albright Stonebridge Group (ASG). She is the head of the firm’s China team in Washington, DC. She previously worked as a diplomat for the US Departments of State, Defense, Commerce, and the Office of the US Trade Representative.
Amy Celico graduated with a B.A. with honors in Asian Studies from Mount Holyoke College in 1991. She earned her M.A. in International Economics and Strategic Studies at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies. She also attended the Hopkins-Nanjing Center in China.
Amy Celico served as Senior Director for China affairs at the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative. She also helped develop trade policy positions for bilateral discussions with China through the Strategic Economic Dialogue and the U.S.-China Joint Commission on Commerce and Trade.
Previously, she was Deputy Director of the Office of the Chinese Economic Area at the U.S. Department of Commerce. In addition, Amy Celico worked at the U.S. State Department, where she was a Foreign Affairs Analyst in the Bureau of Research and Intelligence and a Vice Consul for economic affairs at the U.S. Consulate in Shanghai.
Outside of government, Amy Celico was the Director of Development for the Johns Hopkins University-Nanjing University Center for Chinese and American Studies. She also worked at the International Monetary Fund as the bilingual assistant to the Executive Director for China. She has stated that early on in her career, she expected to become a Chinese historian. Turning to a career in the U.S. government was an unexpected career turn for her.
- "Fact-checking the energy claims in Trump's Paris agreement speech". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Q&A with Amy Celico '91 – Alumnae Association". alumnae.mtholyoke.edu. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Amy Celico". www.csis.org. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "Amy Celico". Wilson Center. 2014-09-19. Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- 李松. "Finding a lane for US business to enter Belt & Road". usa.chinadaily.com.cn. Retrieved 2018-03-15.