|Education||Bachelor of Arts in English|
|Alma mater||SUNY Geneseo|
|Occupation||CEO of New Shelves Distribution|
|Home town||Rochester, New York|
Collins started her career in the book industry as the book buyer for Village Green Books in Rochester, New York. In 1996, she became a National Account Representative for Prima Publishing. In 2001, she was named Director of Sales at Adams Media in Boston and, then, rose to the Special Sales Director for parent company, F+W Media. Over her career, she has sold to Barnes & Noble, Target, Costco, Borders, Books-A-Million, Wal-Mart, and all the major chains as well as helped launch several private label publishing programs for the book chains and companies such as PetSmart and CVS. In February 2006, Collins started a book marketing company for small presses that quickly became one of the fastest-growing book distribution companies in North America, New Shelves Distribution.
Collins is a member of Mensa, Independent Book Publisher's Association and is on the board of Author U in Denver, Colorado along with being a member of Fight for Fifteen in New York, a group focused on raising the minimum wage.
She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the State University of New York, Geneseo.
- "Distributors Stay Upbeat" Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "5 tips for getting fiction or nonfiction books into Costco, Walmart, Target" Publicity Hound. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "Ready For the Marketplace: What Will Stores Think of Your Book?" Association of Publishers for Special Sales. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "Self-Publishing: Carnival of the Indies Issue #34" The Book Designer. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "Amy Collins – Book Distribution 101: How to Get Your Book into Bookstores and Beyond" Archived July 16, 2015, on Wayback Machine. Nonfiction Writers Conference. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "How to Increase Your Book Sales Without Leaving Home – with Amy Collins" Independent Book Publishers Association. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "What's New" Publishers+Writers. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "APSS 2013 Conference Agenda" Association of Publishers for Special Sales. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "Author U Extravaganza 2015 – Speakers" AuthorU.org. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "Book Distribution Expert Amy Collins Talks about “The Publisher’s Lifeblood: Marketing, Sales, & Distribution” at BAIPA March Meeting" Bay Area Independent Publishers Association. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- "Fight for 15: Last Chance for Fast Food Workers to Make Their Case in Albany" TWC News. Retrieved 2015-7-15.
- New Shelves Official site