Amy Harris (dancer)
|Born||1983/1984 (age 33–34)
Ararat, Victoria, Australia
|Employer||The Australian Ballet|
Amy Harris (born 1983) is an Australian ballet dancer, senior artist with The Australian Ballet.
Harris was born in Ararat, Victoria. She began classes in ballet, jazz and tap when she was three years old and started her Cecchetti training with Carole Oliver School of Ballet in Ballarat at the age of 10.
Harris started with The Australian Ballet School in 1999, aged 15. She then went on to join the Australian Ballet corps de ballet in 2002. Harris rose to the rank of coryphée in 2007 and she was appointed soloist in 2011. She won the Telstra People's Choice Award in both 2008 and 2010. She won the 2012 Telstra Ballet Dancer Awards.
Outside of ballet, Harris is a keen photographer, and is engaged to company member Jarryd Madden.
- Don Quixote (2006)
- Graeme Murphy's Swan Lake (2008)
- Graeme Murphy's The Silver Rose (2010)
- Kevin Jackson's Encomium (2011)
- Stanton Welch's Madame Butterfly (2011)
- Hanna Glawari in Ronald Hynd's The Merry Widow (2011)
- Glen Tetley's Gemini (2012)
- Nagae Scholarship 2000
- Friends of the Australian Ballet Scholarship 2001
- Telstra People's Choice Award 2008 and 2010
- Telstra Ballet Dancer Award 2012
- Hudson, Sarah (16 February 2011). "Rural stars of ballet". Weekly Times. Melbourne. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- "Amy Harris". The Australian Ballet. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- Hook, Chris (6 December 2010). "Telstra Ballet Dancer Award". Daily Telegraph. Sydney. Retrieved 23 February 2011.
- Rayner, Meg (8 December 2010). "Ararat ballerina wins people's choice award". The Courier. Ballarat. Retrieved 26 February 2011. Includes picture of the award ceremony.
- Angear, Cheryl. "Amy Harris Crowned 2012 Telstra Ballet Dancer". Ballet News. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Jones, Deborah (30 May 2011). "Emerging choreographers focus on mothers, sons and lovers". The Australian. Sydney. Retrieved 29 May 2011.
Amy Harris was spellbinding as the piece's emotional centre.