Amy Helm in 2015
|Birth name||Amy Helm|
December 3, 1970 |
Woodstock, New York, United States
|Genres||Folk rock, folk, rock, blues, country, Americana|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, producer, artist|
|Instruments||Mandolin, vocals, bass, drums|
|Associated acts||Levon Helm, Larry Campbell, Ollabelle, Amy Helm and The Handsome Strangers|
Amy Helm (born December 3, 1970) is an American singer-songwriter and daughter of The Band drummer Levon Helm and singer Libby Titus. She is a past and current member of the Levon Helm Band, the Dirt Farmer Band, the Midnight Ramble Band, Ollabelle, as well as her own touring band, Amy Helm & The Handsome Strangers.
Her debut solo album, Didn’t It Rain, was released in July 2015.
- Ledgin, Stephanie P. (2010). Discovering Folk Music. p. 37. ISBN 9780275993870. OCLC 276335257.
Ola Belle was such a revered, influential figure, that young artists have promoted her music vigorously in recent years. The group Ollabelle, anchored by Amy Helm—daughter of rock music's Levon Helm of the Band who, in the traditional folk.
- Sweet, Brian (2008). Steely Dan: Reelin' in the Years. ISBN 9780711935518. OCLC 30913514.
The latter group, a roots-rock band, features Fagen's stepdaughter Amy Helm. The intention is that Ollabelle will open the show and then act as backing band for Fagen and Snow. * * * With the passing of the years, it's no secret that like so [...]
- Dougherty, Steve (21 July 2015). "Amy Helm Talks About Her Debut Solo Album, ‘Didn’t It Rain’". Retrieved 8 March 2017 – via www.wsj.com.
- "EM44 – Amy Helm". 7 November 2016. Retrieved 8 March 2017.
- " 2016 Edmonton Folk Fest an understated, wonderful weekend". Edmonton Sun, By Fish Griwkowsky. August 07, 2016
|This article about an American musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|