|Birth name||Amy Kathryn Kuney|
|Born||August 6, 1985|
|Origin||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States|
|Genres||Pop, Pop rock|
|Instruments||Vocals, Guitar, Piano|
Amy Kathryn Kuney (born August 6, 1985) is an American singer, songwriter, guitarist, and pianist.
Kuney began piano lessons at the age of four and participated in piano recitals and church performances growing up.
Kuney wrote her first song at the age of twelve.
2008–2010: Bird's Eye View
LnA Clothing featured Kuney's song, "Simple Things," on "The Invisible DJ LnA Music Tee," which the company released online and at Ron Herman stores starting in May 2009. Purchasers of the t-shirt received a code to download all of the songs listed on the t-shirt from the LnA website.
As part of Donate Life's Concert Series at The Grove at Farmers Market presented by Palm, Inc. and the Palm Pre and hosted by KBIG-FM, Kuney opened for Gavin Rossdale during the last date on August 26, 2009. Varsity Fan Club also performed.
The reality-thriller Catfish features Kuney's song with Tim Myers during the turning point of the film. The character Megan sends Nev MP3s of her songs, including one named "Downhill." The song, which Megan claims to be her own, is actually a live acoustic YouTube version of Kuney singing "All Downhill From Here."
Her song, "Gasoline Rainbows," was featured as the title track on a compilation album, also titled Gasoline Rainbows, benefitting the Gulf of Mexico following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, which released on November 30, 2010. The album was put together by Sophia Bush and Austin Nichols and features songs by Damien Rice, Phoenix (band), Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Silversun Pickups, City and Colour, The National (band), The Black Keys, Onward, Soldiers, Passion Pit, Surfer Blood, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, LCD Soundsystem, and Vampire Weekend.
"Gasoline Rainbows" was also featured in the fourth season of So You Think You Can Dance Canada. A dance to the song was choreographed by Stacey Tookey and performed by dancers Geisha Chin and Joey Arrigo.
Kuney is known for her videos on YouTube, which include covers and original songs. Kuney has posted covers of songs by Joni Mitchell, The Script, Damien Rice, P!nk, Fleetwood Mac, Coldplay, The Moldy Peaches, Jace Everett, Patty Griffin, and Sam Sparro. Ann Powers of the Los Angeles Times commented on Kuney's YouTube videos in the LA Times blog, Soundboard, mentioning that she found her voice "especially lovely."
She also responded to the Kanye West and Taylor Swift incident at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards by rewriting the lyrics to Swift's song Love Story from the perspective of Swift's alter-ego, "T-Swizzle."
- 2008: Bird's Eye View
|2008||"All Downhill From Here (feat. Tim Myers)"||All Downhill From Here (Single)|
|"Love Is Trippy" (promo)||Bird's Eye View|
|2010||"Hope A Little Harder"||Hope A Little Harder (Single)|
|"Gasoline Rainbows"||Gasoline Rainbows|
|2011||"Gasoline Rainbows"||Gasoline Rainbows (Single)|
|"Where I Can't Follow"||Where I Can't Follow (Single)|
|"Waiting For You"||Waiting For You (Single)|
|"Kiss Me Like You Mean It"||Kiss Me Like You Mean It (Single)|
|2012||"Show Me Your Fire"||Show Me Your Fire (Single)|
The following songs are credited with Amy Kuney on either lead or backing vocals.
- Ari Hest – "Cranberry Lake" (which Amy also co-wrote with Hest) from his album Twelve Mondays
- David Hopkins - "There Are Debts" from his album There Are Debts
- Ernie Halter - "This Beautiful Ache" from his album Franklin & Vermont
- Aras Baskauskas - "Sword In The Stone" from his album The Tree and The River
- "Amy Kuney: A Deep Journey From A Bird’s Eye View" (Press release). PRLog.com. September 22, 2009.
Singer Amy Kuney, 24 ... her birthday on August 6th
- Official Website
- Luna Guitars Featured Artist Amy Kuney
- Taxi Passenger Profile: Amy Kuney
- One Tree Hill Blog: What Comes After the Blues Music
- Myspace Records Lands First Headlining Tour Sponsor
- Eskimo Friends: A Damien Rice Fan Site
- Spin Move Records
- Kate Voegele's MySpace Tour Page
- The Music Tee
- NBC LA: Gavin Rossdale is Nice
- The Donate Life Concert Series
- Catfish, A Virtual Romance – Indie Eye
- One Tree Hill Blog
- Music News Net - Gasoline Rainbows Benefit Album
- "Gasoline Rainbows" on SYTYCD Canada
- So You Think You Can Dance Canada
- Official Youtube Page
- Soundboard: Coldplay is for all of us – Ann Powers
- The Script Cover Contest
- Amy Kuney's response as T-Swizzle to the Kanye West/Taylor Swift Incident at the 2009 VMAs
- Obsessed with Robert Pattinson Parody by Amy Kuney
- Amy Kuney and Sergio Rivero cover "Happy"
- Amy Kuney Official Myspace
- Amy Kuney Official Facebook
- Amy Kuney Official Twitter
- Amy Kuney Official YouTube
- Amy Kuney Official Blog
- Official Website
- Spin Move Records