Landecker in June 2015
Amy Lauren Landecker
September 30, 1969
|Spouse(s)||Jackson Lynch (m. ? – div. 2011)|
Amy Lauren Landecker (born September 30, 1969) is an American film, stage and television actress. She is known for her supporting roles in films Dan in Real Life (2007), A Serious Man (2009), All Is Bright (2013), Project Almanac (2015), and Beatriz at Dinner (2017). In 2014, Landecker began starring as Sarah Pfefferman in the Amazon Studios critically acclaimed comedy-drama Transparent.
Landecker was born September 30, 1969 in Chicago, Illinois. She is the daughter of John Records Landecker, a Chicago radio personality. One of her maternal great-grandfathers was lawyer Joseph N. Welch.
Landecker earned her Screen Actors Guild card doing a voiceover for a Tampax commercial. In the commercial Landecker echoes the voice of the on-camera actress, saying only the word "ballet", but made $10,000 in residuals from the commercial. Landecker recalls, "I never saw money like that in my life, and it didn't even matter what I looked like! I was hooked on [voiceover] from then on!"
Early in her career, Landecker primarily focused on stage work, and did not move to Los Angeles until she was 38. Since then, she has appeared in numerous films and television shows, including a supporting role as Mrs. Samsky in the Academy Award for Best Picture-nominated film A Serious Man, directed by the Coen brothers. That performance received praise from many film critics, including Roger Ebert, who wrote, "Amy Landecker, too, is perfect as Mrs. Samsky. She makes the character sexy in a strictly logical sense, but any prudent man would know on first sight to stay clear".
In 2011, Landecker was a regular cast member of The Paul Reiser Show on NBC, playing Paul Reiser's wife, Claire. On television, she has guest starred on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, NCIS, Curb Your Enthusiasm (where she met and started to date Larry David), Revenge, and many more series. She has also appeared in a number of Off-Broadway theatrical productions, including Bug. In 2013, Landecker co-starred in films All Is Bright, Clear History and Enough Said. In 2014, she was cast alongside Jeffrey Tambor and Judith Light in the Amazon Studios comedy-drama series, Transparent. She co-starred in the Michael Bay-produced time travel thriller Project Almanac, which was released in January 2015.
|1998||Temporary Girl||Sondra Hardwood|
|1999||Turks||Woman on Train|
|1999||Light It Up||Reporter|
|2007||Dan in Real Life||Cindy Lamson|
|2009||A Serious Man||Mrs. Samsky|
|2013||All Is Bright||Therese|
|2013||What Should We Watch?||Irene||Short film|
|2016||Doctor Strange||Dr. Bruner|
|2017||Beatriz at Dinner||Jeana|
|2017||The Hunter's Prayer||Banks|
|2018||A Kid Like Jake||Sandra|
|2019||Life Support||Velma||In post-production|
|2019||Untitled Schulman/Joost project||In post-production|
|1999–2000||Early Edition||Susan Schwartz||2 episodes|
|2003||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Stephanie Grayson||Episode: "Rotten"|
|2005||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jamie Callahan||Episode: "Goliath"|
|2006||Conviction||Donna Thatcher||Episode: "True Love"|
|2008||Law & Order||Attorney Parrish||Episode: "Misbegotten"|
|2008||Mad Men||Petra Colson||Episode: "A Night to Remember"|
|2009||Medium||Lindsay Burke||Episode: "Truth Be Told"|
|2010||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Agent Stahl||2 episodes|
|2010–2014||Louie||Sandra/Louie's Mother||4 episodes|
|2011||NCIS||Dr. Ellen Gracey||Episode: "Out of the Frying Pan"|
|2011||The Paul Reiser Show||Claire||Series regular, 7 episodes|
|2011||House||Darrien||Episode: "After Hours"|
|2011||The Protector||Arlene Duncan||Episode: "Spoon"|
|2011||Happily Divorced||Audrey||Episode: "Someone Wants Me"|
|2011||Curb Your Enthusiasm||Jane Cohen||Episode: "The Bi-Sexual"|
|2011||Prime Suspect||Alice Paget||Episode: "The Great Wall of Silence"|
|2011–2014||Revenge||Dr. Michelle Banks||3 episodes|
|2012||House of Lies||Janelle Winter||Episode: "Microphallus"|
|2012||Private Practice||Melissa||Episode: "Too Much"|
|2012||Retired at 35||Kat||Episode: "The Proposal"|
|2013||Vegas||Karen Schultz||Episode: "From This Day Forward"|
|2013||Clear History||Nathan's Wife||Television film|
|2014–present||Transparent||Sarah Pfefferman||Series regular |
Nominated—Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series (2015)
|2016||People of Earth||Debbie Schultz||Episode: "Acceptance"|
|2016||Trollhunters||Barbara Lake (voice)||16 episodes|
|2017||Room 104||Joan Teakins||Episode: "Phoenix"|
|2018||Grey’s Anatomy||Morgan||Episode: "(Don’t Fear) the Reaper"|
- "Jackson Michael Lynch Vs Amy Lauren Landecker". UniCourt.
- "Amy Landecker". TV Guide. Retrieved January 14, 2014.
- Swartz, Tracy (January 7, 2016). "Amy Landecker Recalls Awkward Don Cheadle Sex Joke", Chicago Tribune. Retrieved February 20, 2016.
- Zwecker, Bill (September 23, 2014). "Chicago Native Amy Landecker Goes Transparent on Us", Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved April 3, 2016.
- Moynihan, Rob (January 18, 2016). "How I Got My SAG-AFTRA Card", TV Guide. p. 12.
- Carey, Ross. "Episode 36: Featuring Amy Landecker". RossCarey.com. Retrieved January 14, 2016.
- Yuon, Jada (September 28, 2009). "A Serious Man's Amy Landecker". New York.
- Ebert, Roger (October 7, 2009). "A Serious Man". Chicago Sun-Times.
- Caro, Mark (April 27, 2011). "Landecker Stays in Focus". Chicago Tribune.
- Verini, Bob (April 30, 2007). "Bug". Variety.
- Sun, Rebecca (June 12, 2014). "'Transparent' Star Amy Landecker Signs With ICM Partners (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Prudom, Laura. "Amazon's 'Transparent' to Premiere September 26 in U.S. and U.K." Variety.
- Hammond, Pete (January 28, 2015). "‘Project Almanac’ Review: Hammond Touts Teen Time-Travel Tale". Deadline Hollywood.
- Weiss, Matthew Cole (November 11, 2015). "Bradley Whitford Calls Relationship with Transparent Costar Amy Landecker 'Spectacular'". People.