|Born||Amy Rose Locane
December 19, 1971
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
|Spouse(s)||Mark Bovenizer (m. 2008)|
|Children||Paige Cricket Locane Bovenizer (b. 2007)
Avery Hope Bovenizer (b. 2009)
Locane was a member of the original cast of the prime time soap opera Melrose Place, but left the series after only 13 episodes.
Among Locane's film roles, she played Johnny Depp's love interest in John Waters's 1990 cult-classic film Cry-Baby. She also twice played the girlfriend of Brendan Fraser, in the films School Ties and Airheads, as well as Jessica Lange's daughter in the 1994 film Blue Sky.
In 2008, Locane married Mark Bovenizer, a local businessman and volunteer firefighter from New Jersey. They have two daughters, Paige Cricket (b. January 2007) and Avery Hope (b. January 2009). After her marriage, Locane retired from films and acted mainly in local community theater.
On June 27, 2010, Locane (going by the name Amy Locane-Bovenizer) was involved in a fatal motor vehicle collision in Montgomery, New Jersey. The crash killed a 60-year-old woman and seriously injured the woman's husband as they were turning into their driveway. Locane's blood alcohol level at the time was three times the limit for legal impairment. In December 2010, Locane was indicted for aggravated manslaughter and assault by automobile. On November 27, 2012, a Somerset County jury convicted Locane of vehicular homicide and assault by auto. On February 14, 2013, Locane was sentenced to three years in prison for the crime. Using his discretion, the judge imposed the minimum sentence, due to mitigating factors, including her youngest daughter's Crohn's disease. Locane was in custody at Edna Mahan Correctional Facility for Women. She was released on parole on June 12, 2015.
- Lost Angels (1989)
- Cry-Baby (1990)
- No Secrets (1991)
- School Ties (1992)
- Airheads (1994)
- Blue Sky (1994)
- Criminal Hearts (1995)
- Carried Away (1996)
- Going All the Way (1997)
- Bongwater (1997)
- Legend of the Mummy (1997)
- Prefontaine (1997)
- The Girl Gets Moe (1997)
- Implicated (1998)
- The Heist (2001)
- Bad Karma (2002)
- Secretary (2002)
- Throttle (2005)
- Visiting (2009)
- Coffee (2009)
- Young People's Specials (1 episode, 1984)
- NBC's Special Treat (1 episode, 1985)
- Under One Roof (13 episodes, 1984–1985)
- Hothouse (3 episodes, 1988)
- Melrose Place (13 episodes, 1992)
- Ebenezer (TV Movie, 1997)
- End of Summer (TV movie, 1997)
- Route 9 (TV movie, 1998)
- Touched by an Angel (1 episode, 1999)
- Mystery Woman (2003)
- Alien Express (TV movie, 2005)
- Cruz, Alicia (March 30, 2011), "Manslaughter case against N.J. actress Amy Locane-Bovenizer takes new turn", NewJerseyNewsroom.com, retrieved June 29, 2011
- "Amy Locane Welcomes Second Daughter", People, January 26, 2009, archived from the original on July 14, 2011, retrieved June 29, 2011
- Shira, Dahvi (December 16, 2010), "Melrose Place Star Amy Locane Indicted for Fatal Car Crash", People, retrieved March 31, 2012
- Paik, Eugene (October 3, 2011), "Judge: Ex-'Melrose Place' actress's intoxicated statements permissible in upcoming trial", The Star-Ledger, retrieved March 31, 2012
- "Actress Amy Locane charged in connection with fatal weekend accident in Montgomery", Courier News (Bridgewater, NJ: Gannett Company), June 28, 2010, retrieved June 29, 2011
- "Amy Locane Convicted of Vehicular Homicide". People Magazine. Associated Press. Retrieved November 27, 2012.
- "'Melrose' Actress Gets 3 Years for Deadly NJ Crash". The New York Times. Associated Press. Retrieved February 14, 2013.
- Bichao, Sergio. "Update: Locane spared longer prison sentence because of sick daughter". Daily Record (Morristown, NJ: Gannett Company). Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- "Attention". 0.state.nj.us. Retrieved 2015-07-01.