||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Okuda in July 2012
|Born||Amy Kei Okuda
March 6, 1989
Life and career
Okuda was born in Torrance, California. Her early years focused on basketball, which she played from the age of five. She began dancing in the seventh grade and took up acting a few years later.
She has appeared in television commercials and music videos as a dancer. She has modeled in print ads for Apple laptops and Verizon, has been in commercials for Shoe Carnival and Japanese soft-drink company Suntory, and done voice-over work for AT&T.
In 2007 she landed a role in the TV show Californication with David Duchovny. Also in 2007, Okuda got the role of Tinkerballa in The Guild, her first recurring role. As of the end of season four, she has been in all of the show's episodes, with the exception of a few Season 3 episodes where her character was mentioned but not seen.
In 2011, she appeared in the Break.com original music video "Tonight, I'm Frakking You" which is a science fiction and video game parody of the song "Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)" by Enrique Iglesias. In the video she appears along with Alessandra Torresani, Kunal Nayyar, and Matthew Brown.
In November 2011, she was cast in a horror-social satire film titled Chastity Bites. She will be playing queen bee "mean girl" Ashley Thorne.
In June 2012, she played as Samantha in YouTube channel's yomyomf BFF series. Later that month, Amy played a recurring role in the web series Away We Happened on the YouTube channel WongFuProductions. The film starred Jen Chae and Victor Kim.
On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 she appeared in the episode "The Bachelor" of The Middle (season 4, episode 19) as Sue's Tennis opponent.
On April 18, 2013 she appeared on Tabletop (web series).
On March 25, 2014, she appeared in Brooklyn Nine-Nine's season finale "Charges and Specs" (season 1, episode 22) as Sgt. Terry Jeffords' former girlfriend. 2014 starred in José Manuel Cravioto Horror thriller film Reversal, along Keith Johnson and Bianca Malinowski.
In 2015, she appeared in Season 2 of Shonda Rhimes' television drama series How To Get Away With Murder on ABC. Okuda also appeared as Christine Tanaka in two episodes of the acclaimed television series adapted from Philip K. Dick's novel The Man in the High Castle which was described by Jeff Jensen of Entertainment Weekly as "serious-minded sci-fi that's stylish and strange and soulful" and praised by Robert Bianco of USA Today as "the best new drama of the season."
- According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905–1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. Searchable at Family Tree Legends
- Kai, Raven (December 22, 2008). "Amy Okuda: The Guild’s Tinkerballa". Interview. ÜberSciFiGeek. Retrieved 2010-03-07.
- "Spaceship Spitzer: Bots of Both Worlds". CalTech. May 25, 2010. Archived from the original on 5 January 2011. Retrieved 2011-01-21.
- "Chastity Bites official Facebook". November 18, 2011. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- "Reversal". November 18, 2011. Retrieved 2012-01-13.
- "IMDb". Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Jensen, Jeff (November 12, 2015). "The Man In the High Castle: EW review". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Bianco, Robert (November 20, 2015). "Review: 'Castle,' 'Jessica' create fantastical worlds". USA Today. Retrieved 2015-11-30.
- Official Website not valid any longer
- Official Tumblr
- Amy Okuda at the Internet Movie Database
- Audio interview with Chris Pope & Mark Eoff, Tech Barbarians