||This article is incomplete. (April 2014)|
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
|Born||Amy Joanne Robach
February 6, 1973
St. Joseph, Michigan, U.S.
|Residence||New York City, New York, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Georgia|
|Notable credit(s)||Today Weekend News Anchor (2003–2007)
Saturday Anchor (2007–2012)
Today National Correspondent (2007–2012)
Good Morning America Contributing Correspondent and Substitute Anchor (2012-present) and News Anchor (2014-present)
|Spouse(s)||Andrew Shue (2010–present)
Tim McIntosh (divorced 2009)
|Children||2 daughters, 3 step-sons|
|Relatives||Matt Lindahl (cousin)|
Amy Joanne Robach (born February 6, 1973) is an American television journalist working for ABC News. She is the News Anchor for Good Morning America. Previously, she was a national correspondent for NBC News, co-host of the Saturday edition of NBC's Today and anchor on MSNBC. She rotates with 20/20 anchor Elizabeth Vargas, if Robin Roberts is unavailable.
Early life and career
Born in East Lansing, Michigan, Robach lived half of her childhood in St. Louis, Missouri, spent nine years in Georgia, and moved on to South Carolina, Washington, D.C., and the New York area. She graduated from Brookwood High School in Snellville, Georgia, and from the University of Georgia with high honors in Broadcast Journalism. She was 4th runner up in the Miss Georgia pageant in 1994.
She previously worked at WTTG in Washington, D.C., and came to NBC News in 2003 where she spent four years, including a stint anchoring two hours in the morning. She was named co-anchor of Weekend Today in July 2007. Her last day on Weekend Today was May 19, 2012. She also filled in on Countdown with Keith Olbermann and Morning Joe.
Robach made the announcement about switching over to ABC News on May 19, 2012. Robach initially appeared on ABC's Good Morning America program as a correspondent. She became News Anchor of Good Morning America on March 31, 2014.
Robach became engaged to former Melrose Place star Andrew Shue in September 2009, after meeting him at a book party the prior April. They were married on Robach's 37th birthday, February 6, 2010, at The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers, adjacent to the Hudson River. Shue has three sons from a prior marriage.
On November 11, 2013, Robach revealed on Good Morning America that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer after receiving a mammogram on live television on October 1, 2013, and after undergoing follow up tests off of the air. She took time off from broadcasting to undergo a bilateral mastectomy.
- "Amy Robach Joins ABC News" (Press release). ABC News. 2012-05-21. Retrieved 2012-05-21.
Ben Sherwood, ABC News President: 'As the mother of two daughters and three step sons, [Amy] will tell you that her family is one step away from becoming a modern day Brady Bunch.'
- Wilson, Phylecia (July 2008). "Snellville's Own Amy Robach Becomes a Today Show co-host". Gwinnett Citizen. Retrieved 2012-02-14.
- Wallace, San Dee (2004-04-15). "San Dee Wallace". The Herald Palladium. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Woodson, Joy L. (2013-10-15). "Loving the Lindahls: Theater Couple Takes Final Bow at Brookwood High". Snellville.patch.com. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Honoring Amy: 3 memorable moments from her TODAY career". allDAY blog. Today.com. 2012-05-19. Retrieved 2012-05-19.
- Ford, David (2012-07-20). "ABC News Coverage Plans — Tragedy in Colorado". ABC News.
- "Mad Love With Andrew & Amy » New York Family Magazine". Newyorkfamily.com. 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Wedding Belle". New York Post. 2009-09-27. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- Miller, Samantha (2009-09-27). "Engaged: Andrew Shue and Today's Amy Robach!". People magazine. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- Caplan, David (2010-02-07). "Andrew Shue and Today's Amy Robach are married". People magazine. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- ABC News' Amy Robach Reveals Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- "Amy Robach's Today Show biography". Today.com. NBCUniversal Media. Archived from the original on 2009-06-06. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Robach, Amy (2007-05-31). "Amy Robach: Meeting a Childhood Idol". allday (Today blog). NBCUniversal Media. - Amy meets Bela Karolyi