Amy Roloff (née Knight) is an American TV celebrity. She was born on September 17, 1962 in Michigan. Roloff is best known for her reality television role on TLC's Little People, Big World. The show featured the daily life of the Roloff family, where the two parents have dwarfism.
Roloff was born Amy Jo Knight to Gordon Knight, who worked for Ford Motor Company, and Patricia Knight (died 2019). Her parents had three other children: Cyndi (died 2015), Katherine, and Roger. She was born with a genetic condition called achondroplasia that causes short stature.
Roloff and her family began filming Little People, Big World in 2006. She has also been featured on The View, Jay Leno, Oprah, Good Morning America, Celebrity Buzz, Celebrity Chopped, and the Rachel Ray Show.
In 2006, a book by Roloff, Short and Simply Family Recipes, was published by WestWinds Press. It contains 75 original family recipes. She is also the author of an autobiography, A Little Me, and Little People Big Values.
Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen
She owns an online baking business called Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen. After customers order online, Roloff makes dishes to be delivered. In 2017, the bakery temporarily shut down due to a rat infestation.
In 2009, Roloff founded the Amy Roloff Charity Foundation. She uses her fame to help youth at risk and people with disabilities. Roloff has also donated to the Dwarf Athletic Association of America and a foster care organization, and supported low-income senior housing and homeless shelters.
Amy Roloff also works as a motivational speaker. She was the keynote speaker at Lakes Health Conference in 2010, Empowering Women in Business Conference (EWIB) in 2015, Adrian College's Dr. James Borland Convocational Series in 2019, and Women's Power Lunch. She participates in the Get Motivated business seminar speaking series.
Roloff, then Amy Knight, met Matt Roloff at a Little People of America convention in 1987. The two married on September 12, 1987. They had four children: fraternal twins Jeremy and Zachary (born 1990), Molly (1993), and Jacob (1997). The couple publicly expressed interest in a divorce in March 2014. On June 5, 2015, the couple officially announced a divorce. The divorce was finalized in May 2016.
Amy and Matt owned a 100-acre (40 ha) farm near Helvetia, Oregon. The farm opens to the public during October, featuring attractions such as a pumpkin patch. In 2009, a woman who visited the farm sued the Roloffs, claiming to have fallen due to their negligence of safety procedures. The couple denied wrongdoing and the case was settled out of court in 2013. Due to the divorce, Matt bought the farm from Amy, and she purchased a new home in Oregon.
- "Roloff the Record". www.oregonwinepress.com. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- "Little People, Big World Star Amy Roloff's Mom Dies at 86". www.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- Lee, Felicia R. (2006-03-02). "Documenting a Family That Comes in 2 Sizes". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- June 21, Caroline John-Published; Pm, 2018 at 6:30 (2018-06-21). "Amy Roloff's Wiki: Facts to Know about the "Little People, Big World" Star & Mompreneur". Earn The Necklace. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- Jennings, Zeke (2014-03-13). "'Little People, Big World' star Amy Roloff delivers message of perseverance during Adrian College speech". mlive. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- Barrientos, Selena (2019-11-24). "Amy Roloff Shares a Heartbreaking Instagram About Her Mom and Fiancé Chris Marek". Good Housekeeping. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Little People, Big World's Amy Roloff Speaks Out After Her Mother's Death: 'Life Is a Gift'". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "'Little People, Big World' Star Amy Roloff Pays Tribute to Late Sister on Trip With Boyfriend Chris Marek". Reality TV. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "'LPBW' Star Amy Roloff Was Close With Her Parents Before Mom's Death". In Touch Weekly. 2019-10-01. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- PsyD, Barbara B. Adams (2018-09-18). Women, Minorities, and Other Extraordinary People: The New Path for Workforce Diversity. Greenleaf Book Group. ISBN 978-1-62634-508-9.
- "Amy Roloff Celebrated Her Dad's 90th in Michigan Five Months Before His Birthday". Distractify. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Amy Roloff, alumna, star of 'Little People, Big World' to speak at Plachta Auditorium Sept. 27". www.cm-life.com. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, retrieved 2019-11-27
- "Little People in a Big World". Oprah.com. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Reality TV Stars". Food Network. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- Inside Rachael's Prep Kitchen with Amy Roloff, 2012-11-01, retrieved 2019-11-27
- "Short and Simple Family Recipes". www.goodreads.com. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Read Amy Roloff's New Book". TLC.com. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Amy Roloff's Little Kitchen: Find out More About Her Online Baked Goods Business". In Touch Weekly. 2018-05-29. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- www.tvshowsace.com https://www.tvshowsace.com/2019/04/11/amy-roloffs-little-kitchen-seasonal-products-shipping-and-how-to-shop/. Retrieved 2019-12-07. Missing or empty
- "'Little People, Big world' Rat Infestation Scandal—Amy Roloff Friend's Bakery Shut Down". RadarOnline. 2017-06-01. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- "Amy Roloff Charity Foundation". Amy Roloff Charity Foundation. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Rebecca Halpin Ross and Amy Roloff 12 Zach Roloff & Tori Patton 13 Huy Nguyn | Portland Society Page". www.portlandsocietypage.com. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- STAFF, Brian Lee TELEGRAM & GAZETTE. "Speaking in Dudley, Reality star Amy Roloff urges women to focus on 'you'". telegram.com. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- "Roloff to serve as Lakes Health Conference keynote speaker". The Daily Reporter.
- 121 Center Rd, PO Box 5000 Dudley MA 01571; 800-470-3379. "Amy Roloff to Speak at the Empowering Women in Business Conference". Nichols College. Retrieved 2019-12-06.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Amy Roloff keynotes Women's Power Lunch". Sioux City Journal. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- WASHINGTON, GOOD MORNING (2016-08-25). "Amy Roloff and April Osteen Simons share motivational message". WJLA. Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- "Hodge on 7th". Retrieved 2019-12-06.
- Goronja, Ariel (2019-05-07). "Amy Roloff's Kids & Family: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know". Heavy.com. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Amy Roloff on Her Separation: 'It's Like a Death'". ABC News. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "'Little People, Big World' stars Matt and Amy Roloff separate". Los Angeles Times. 2014-03-12. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "'Little People, Big World' Star Hopes to Reconcile With Husband". ABC News. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- Turnquist, Kristi (2018-03-14). "Oregon's Roloff family returns in 'Little People, Big World': 'This is insane'". oregonlive. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Roloff sues county over trespass claim". Capital Press. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- "Farm Of Horrors! Woman Claims She Suffered Serious Injuries On 'Little People, Big World' Property – Sues Stars Amy & Matt Roloff For $1 MILLION | Radar Online". RadarOnline. 2015-08-14. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- "'Little People' Star Amy Roloff Buys $588K Oregon Home". RadarOnline. 2019-11-06. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "Where Is 'Little People, Big World' Roloff Farms Pumpkin Salsa?". Entertainment, Celebrity, TV, Culture. 2015-08-04. Retrieved 2019-12-07.
- Moniuszko, Sara M. "'Little People, Big World' star Amy Roloff is engaged to boyfriend Chris Marek". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- "'Little People, Big World' Star Amy Roloff Is Engaged: 'I'm So Surprised'". www.msn.com. Retrieved 2019-11-27.