Amy Walter in 2016
|Born||October 19, 1969|
|Alma mater||Colby College (B.A., 1991)|
|Occupation||political analyst and journalist|
Amy Walter (born October 19, 1969) is an American political analyst, currently serving as national editor of The Cook Political Report. Before this, she served as the political director of ABC News, based in Washington, DC.
Walter began working at The Cook Political Report in 1997. Between then and 2007 she served as a senior editor covering the United States House of Representatives. She has also served as the Editor in Chief at the National Journal's The Hotline.
Walter's work has been featured in The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times. She has also been featured on numerous broadcasts, most recently Gwen Ifill's Washington Week, Face the Nation (CBS), PBS Newshour (PBS), Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, Andrea Mitchell Reports (MSNBC), the Daily Rundown (MSNBC), the Chris Matthews Show (MSNBC), and Meet the Press (MSNBC). She has also made numerous appearances on Special Report with Brett Baier both as a contributor and on the panel.
Walter was also part of the Emmy-winning CNN election coverage team in 2006. She was the recipient of The Washington Post's Crystal Ball Award and in 2009 was deemed by Washingtonian magazine one of the 50 top journalists in DC.
Awards and recognition
- 2009 DC's "50 Top Journalists" by Washingtonian magazine
- The Washington Post's Crystal Ball award for her spot-on election predictions in 2000
- "Profile: Amy Walter", NNDB
- "Amy Walter". Cookpolitical.com. July 2015. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- "Amy Walter". ABC News. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Amy Walter". Leadingauthorities.com. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Amy Walter". Amywalter.com. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- Graff, Garrett M. (June 1, 2009). "50 Top Journalists 2009". Washingtonian. Retrieved December 15, 2016.
- "A Legal Wedding 2 Decades in the Making". Freedom to Marry. November 2013. Archived from the original on December 9, 2013. Retrieved December 15, 2016.