|Beauty pageant titleholder|
18 August 1992 |
|Occupation||Model, Television Personality|
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Hair colour||Dark Blonde|
|Title(s)||Miss Wales Asia Pacific World 2011
Miss London 2012
Miss Universe Great Britain 2013
|Miss Universe Great Britain 2013
Miss Universe 2013
Amy Willerton (born 18 August 1992 in London) is a British actress, model, TV Host and beauty pageant titleholder who won the title of Miss Universe Great Britain 2013 and represented Great Britain at the Miss Universe 2013 pageant.
Early life and modeling career
Miss Bristol 2010
Miss Asia Pacific World 2011
In 2011, Willerton caused controversy at the Miss Asia Pacific World pageant, held in South Korea, while representing Wales. Along with a number of other representatives, she claimed the pageant had been fixed after the girl representing Venezuela was apparently placed runner-up of the talent round before she had competed. Willerton, as well as a number of other contestants demanded answers from organisers and later made claims that some contestants had been offered automatic top-ranking placements in exchange for sex, by organisers. The events were filmed by Willerton and other contestants (which were later uploaded to YouTube under the title Confessions of a Beauty Queen and spread throughout the pageant industry). Subsequently, she and the representatives from Guyana and Costa Rica fled their hotel to the airport, claiming the pageant organisers had tried to keep them there against their will and had followed them to the airport to stop them escaping. The organisers denied all accusations.
Miss Universe 2013
On 8 June 2013, Willerton was crowned Miss Universe Great Britain in Birmingham and was quickly tipped as a potential winner of Miss Universe by international media and pageant forums. On 9 November 2013, Willerton participated at the Miss Universe contest in Moscow, Russia. Where she became the first woman competing as Miss Great Britain to place in the semifinals, eventually finishing in the Top 10. Previous British contestants have placed as 1st Runner-up at Miss Universe, competing as Miss England, Miss Scotland and Miss Wales respectively. Willerton is the first UK contestant in thirty years to reach the top ten at Miss Universe, the previous woman to achieve this being Karen Moore, who as Miss England, reached the top five in 1983.
- "Miss Universe Great Britain is Amy Willerton!". Missosology.info. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Latest News". Room3Agency. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Amy Willerton: 10 things you probably didn't know about the Bristol I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! star". Bristol Post. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- Nola Ojomu (14 April 2014). "Smize for the camera: I'm A Celebrity star Amy Willerton gets a top model makeover after joining Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's agency". Daily Mail. Retrieved 16 April 2014.
- "Former Miss Bristol Amy Willerton tipped to be in I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!". Bristol Post. 11 November 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "I'm A Celebrity star and ex-Miss Bath Amy Willerton . . . more than just a pretty face". Bath Chronicle. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "한국경찰에 무릎 꿇은 BBC'...". JoongAng Medie Network. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "한국 주최 미인대회 BBC 오보 관련 소송 본격 시작". Christianity Daily. 10 May 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- Lucy Waterlow (8 November 2013). "Katie Price's protegee Amy Willerton battles it out to win Miss Universe after breaking ties with star". Daily Mail. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Amy Willerton for FashionTV – The House of Luxury at Baselworld 2012 – Part 1 | FashionTV Video Archive". fashiontv.com. 2 April 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "'I'm A Celebrity': Amy Willerton Wastes No Time in Stripping Off in the Jungle (PICTURES)". Huffington Post. 18 November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss Universe Great Britain