|Beauty pageant titleholder|
Willerton at The Sun Military Awards 2013
18 August 1992
|Height||1.75 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|Title(s)||Miss London 2012
Miss Universe Great Britain 2013
|Miss Universe Great Britain 2013
Miss Universe 2013
Amy Willerton (born in Bristol in 18 August 1992) is a British TV presenter, model and beauty pageant titleholder. She is best known for her work with ITV and winning the title of Miss Universe Great Britain and representing the UK at the Miss Universe 2013 pageant. She got her big modelling break when she was discovered by Katie Price as a teenager. She competed on I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here in 2013 and finished in 5th place. In 2015, she was placed fourteenth in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women. In 2017, she was third in Channel 4's The Jump.
Willerton was born in Bristol, England to parents Bruce and Sarah alongside siblings Erin Willerton and Ross Willerton who is severely disabled. The family communicates with Ross using Makaton sign language. She is a direct descendant of the Catholic Church cardinal Thomas Wolsey.
Willerton began her modelling career at the age of 15, after being scouted by Kate Marshall of Room 3 model agency whilst out shopping with her sister. Appearing on catwalks around the world for brands such as Karen Millen and Guess and winning campaigns such as the face of Sure and the body of Slendertone.
Willerton is often compared to supermodel Cindy Crawford. She appeared on FHM's 100 Sexiest 2014 and 2015 list at number 22 then 14, and has appeared on the cover of FHM Magazine twice. She signed with top London agency Models 1 in 2014. In 2016, she signed with One Management in New York.
Miss Bristol 2010, Miss Bath 2011, Miss London 2012
Miss Asia Pacific World 2011
In 2011, Willerton caused controversy at the Miss Asia Pacific World pageant, held in South Korea, while representing the United Kingdom. Willerton, as well as a number of other contestants demanded answers from organisers after discovering that some contestants had been offered automatic top-ranking placements in exchange for sex, by organisers.
The events were filmed by Willerton and other contestants (which were later uploaded to YouTube under the title Confessions of a Beauty Queen and spread throughout the pageant industry). Subsequently, she and the representatives from Guyana and Costa Rica fled their hotel to the airport, where the pageant organisers had tried to keep them there against their will and had followed them to the airport to stop them escaping. Despite the organisers denying all accusations the pageant has continued to cause controversy with subsequent winners also fleeing the country and making similar claims of indecency.
Miss Universe 2013
On 8 June 2013, Willerton was crowned Miss Universe Great Britain in Birmingham and was quickly tipped as a potential winner of Miss Universe by international media and pageant forums. On 9 November 2013, Willerton participated at the Miss Universe contest in Moscow, Russia. Where she became the first woman competing as Miss Great Britain to place in the semifinals, eventually finishing in the Top 10. Previous British contestants have placed as 1st Runner-up at Miss Universe, competing as Miss England, Miss Scotland and Miss Wales respectively. Willerton is the first UK contestant in thirty years to reach the top ten at Miss Universe, the previous woman to achieve this being Karen Moore, who as Miss England, reached the top five in 1983.
Willerton began her broadcasting career covering events for Fashion TV as a teenager. Previously, Willerton was scouted whilst on tour with comedian Russell Brand for the modelling reality show Signed by Katie Price on Sky Living winning the competition against runner up Rylan Clark.
Less than 24 hours after landing into London from filming the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow, Willerton flew to Australia to compete on ITV's I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here! and placed fifth.
 She appeared on This Morning, Good Morning Britain, Big Brother's Bit On The Side, The Chase, Mastermind and Lorraine. In 2015, she appeared on Get Your Act Together, which involved her joining and performing with the Moscow State Circus.
Willerton based herself in the USA in 2016, and began hosting for Fuse TV Network alongside DJ Skee. She then was selected to host Dance On Network show 'Every Single Step' working with industry legends Nigel Lythgoe and Brian Friedman the show's close similarity to So You Think You Can Dance caused many comparisons between Amy and fellow British Presenter Cat Deeley. She became a contestant on The Jump in February 2017 and finished in third place.
Philanthropy and other ventures
Willerton's charitable work has focussed on helping the disabled. She organised her first event, Bristol Rockstyle for the Variety Club children's charity as a teenager. In 2014 she ran the London Marathon to raise money for The Chickenshed Theatre School. In 2016, she hosted an Oscars viewing party for the Children Uniting Nations charity.
In 2015, Willerton began writing for the Huffington Post. She was a speaker at the Oxford Union debating society at Oxford University. In summer 2016 Willerton sailed across the Atlantic from New York to London as part of the Clipper Round the World Yacht Race.
- "Miss Universe Great Britain is Amy Willerton!". Missosology.info. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Erin Willerton: Meet I'm a Celebrity star Amy Willerton's little sister". bristolpost.co.uk. 13 December 2013.
- ""It was all for my brother Ross": Bristol model Amy Willerton reveals reason for going into jungle". Bristol Post. 6 January 2014. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- Amy Willerton (22 June 2012). "Miss London 2012 Talent Video" – via YouTube.
- Corner, Natalie (11 June 2015). "Amy Willerton turned down university to pursue a modelling career". mirror.co.uk.
- "Latest News". Room3Agency. Archived from the original on 3 December 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Amy Willerton: 10 things you probably didn't know about the Bristol I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! star". Bristol Post. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- Sixtysecondsme (24 July 2009). "60seconds.me = Bristol Fashion Show part 3" – via YouTube.
- "Looking FIT! Amy Willerton models dress that counts calories". dailystar.co.uk. 25 November 2014.
- "Miss Universe GB 2013 works with Slendertone - Slendertone". slendertone.com.
- "Does Bristol's Amy Willerton look identical to supermodel Cindy Crawford as she recreates iconic photos?". Bristol Post. 20 February 2015. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "Search results for 'amy willerton' - FHM". fhm.com.
- "CAN Management signs Amy Willerton!". The CAN Group. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "Former Miss Bristol Amy Willerton tipped to be in I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!". Bristol Post. 11 November 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "I'm A Celebrity star and ex-Miss Bath Amy Willerton . . . more than just a pretty face". Bath Chronicle. 19 November 2013. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Scandal rocks Miss Asia Pacific World 2011 pageant". criticalbeauty.com.
- "한국경찰에 무릎 꿇은 BBC'...". JoongAng Medie Network. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "한국 주최 미인대회 BBC 오보 관련 소송 본격 시작". Christianity Daily. 10 May 2013. Retrieved 24 September 2013.
- "Scandal rocks Miss Asia Pacific World 2011 pageant". Critical Beauty. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "Is This Beauty? Miss Asia Pacific World Stripped Of Title For REFUSING A Boob Job". yahoo.com.
- "Amy Willerton for FashionTV – The House of Luxury at Baselworld 2012 – Part 1 | FashionTV Video Archive". fashiontv.com. 2 April 2012. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- Kavanagh, Joanne (12 March 2017). "Who is Amy Willerton? The Jump 2017 contestant, model and I'm A Celebrity 2013 campmate – all you need to know". The Sun. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "'I'm A Celebrity': Amy Willerton Wastes No Time in Stripping Off in the Jungle (PICTURES)". Huffington Post. 18 November 2013. Retrieved 3 December 2013.
- "Before bush tucker.. came tush strutter". thesun.co.uk. 7 December 2013.
- "Get Your Act Together". ITV. Retrieved 13 September 2016.
- "Amy Willerton In Fuse Network Show 'Skee TV' - Afrossip". afrossip.com. 20 April 2016.
- "Miss Bristol Amy Willerton launches Bristol Rockstyle charity fashion event". Guide 2 Bristol. Retrieved 18 October 2016.
- "Bristol model Amy Willerton to run the London Marathon with dad Bruce" (Bristol Post). 10 April 2014. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "Amy Willerton shares 'shameless selfie' in a peach bikini". thesun.co.uk. 5 March 2016.
- "The Women's Weights Myth - Huffington Post". huffingtonpost.co.uk.
- "Amy Willerton tells Oxford students: "I'd rather be pretty than witty"". Bristol Post. 13 June 2015. Retrieved 17 March 2017.
- "TV Model Amy Willerton to take on Clipper Race challenge". clipperroundtheworld.com.
|Awards and achievements|
|Miss Universe Great Britain