|Born||November 7, 2001|
Amybeth McNulty is an Irish-Canadian actress. She is known for her starring role as Anne Shirley in the CBC/Netflix drama series Anne with an E (2017–2019), based on the 1908 novel Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
McNulty's stage experience started early, with ballet and amateur performances at An Grianán Theatre in Letterkenny, and later, musicals by the writer and composer Paul Boyd. She has previously appeared in the RTÉ One series Clean Break and Agatha Raisin. From 2017 to 2019, she starred as Anne Shirley in the CBC/Netflix drama series Anne with an E, which is based on the 1908 novel Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery.
In 2020, she was announced as taking the lead role in Maternal, the feature directorial debut of actress Megan Follows.
In June 2020, McNulty came out as bisexual.
Awards and nominations
- ^ "AB on Instagram: "18!! Thank you for all the lovely birthday messages, they are absolutely making my day"". Instagram. Retrieved Dec 21, 2019.
- ^ a b Sumanac-Johnson, Deana (21 October 2016). "Meet Amybeth McNulty, star of new Anne of Green Gables series for CBC, Netflix". CBC News. Retrieved 3 January 2017.
- ^ Calautti, Katie (May 10, 2017). "The Sisterhood of Anne of Green Gables Is Ready for Anne's Next Chapter". Vanity Fair. Retrieved May 11, 2017.
- ^ Falvey, Deirdre. "Amybeth McNulty: the Donegal teenager who stars in 'Anne with an E'". The Irish Times.
- ^ "RTE drama Clean Break concludes with dramatic and unsettling scenes tonight". Independent. 18 October 2015. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- ^ Victoria Ahearn, "2 Anne Shirleys come together for psychedelic thriller". CBC News, February 5, 2020.
- ^ M, Smith (June 18, 2020). "Anne with an E's Amybeth McNulty says she 'accidentally' came out as bisexual, fans rejoice during Pride Month". MEAWW. Retrieved September 16, 2020.
- ^ "Canadian Screen Awards, CA (2018)". IMDb. Retrieved 2019-03-03.
- ^ "Winners: The 17th Annual ACTRA Awards in Toronto | ACTRA Toronto". Retrieved 2019-03-03.