This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Spouse(s)||Marina Bandeira (m. 1996)|
Klink has written seven books about his voyages, including Between Two Poles about his trip from Antarctica to the Arctic Pole, starting in 1989 and taking 642 days. Klink helped in the construction of the polar vessel used in this trip, named Paratii after the town of Paraty in the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Amyr Klink was the first person to row across the South Atlantic, leaving from Lüderitz, Namibia on 10 June 1984 and arriving 100 days later in Salvador, Brazil on 18 September 1984. His chronicles 100 Days Between Sea and Sky reports on the journey, during which he rowed a small boat with his arms from Africa to the state of Bahia in Brazil. The food portions in this trip were compacted into packages of freeze-dried food, especially designed for him by a food processing company in Brazil.
In 2002, Klink has completed an experimental phase of one of his project "A Trip to China" – a trip around the world through a maritime path that had never been explored before: the Arctic Circle. The project's first phase was successfully accomplished between January 30 and April 6, 2002: Klink and crew left the Antarctic Circle, visiting Margarida Bay in the Bellingshausen Sea (in the extreme south of the Antarctic Peninsula). From there, the ship stopped in South Georgia before returning to Brazil.
He married Marina Bandeira in 1996 and has three daughters.
- Mar Sem Fim (Endless Sea) (ISBN 8571649898)
- As Janelas do Paraty (The Windows of Paraty) (ISBN 8535909400)
- Paratii entre Dois Pólos (Between Two Poles) (ISBN 8571642826)
- Cem Dias entre Céu e Mar (100 Days Between Sea and Sky) (ISBN 8535906428)
- Gestão de Sonhos, Riscos e Oportunidades (Dreams, Risks and Opportunities Management) (ISBN 8585651490)
- Os Portos do Mundo e o Porto do Rio (The Ports of the World and the Port of Rio)
- Construindo o Futuro (Building the Future)
- Linha-d'Água: Entre Estaleiros e Homens do Mar (Waterline: Between Shipyards and Sailors) (ISBN 8535909400)
- Dias na Antártica: Imagens de um Expedição de Amyr Klink (Days in Antarctica: Images of an Expedition of Amyr Klink) (ISBN 8599070010)
- Official website
- The Telegraph, "Out with the prospectors, in with the publishers", retrieved June 15, 2007.
|This Brazilian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|