Godoy playing for San Jose in 2017
|Full name||Aníbal Cesis Godoy|
|Date of birth||10 February 1990|
|Place of birth||Panama City, Panama|
|Height||1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|San Jose Earthquakes|
|2012||→ Godoy Cruz (loan)||0||(0)|
|2015–||San Jose Earthquakes||59||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11:39, 25 October 2017 (UTC).
Aníbal Cesis Godoy (Spanish: [aˈniβal ɣoˈðoi]; born 10 February 1990) is a Panamanian footballer who plays as a midfielder for the San Jose Earthquakes of Major League Soccer and the Panama national football team.
Godoy started his career at Chepo and moved abroad in November 2011 to join Godoy Cruz on loan to play alongside compatriot Armando Cooper after being voted Player of the Year in Panama. After returning to Chepo he moved to Europe in August 2013 when he signed for Hungarian side Honvéd Budapest. He made his debut for them on 1 September 2013 against Kaposvár Rákóczi.
San Jose Earthquakes
Godoy made his senior debut for Panama in a March 2010 friendly match against Venezuela and has, as of 10 June 2015, earned a total of 49 caps, scoring 1 goal. He represented his country in 14 FIFA World Cup qualification matches and played at the 2011 and 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cups.
Godoy represented Panama in all four of its 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup matches, comprising three group stage matches and one quarterfinal. He tallied one assist and was named to the Best XI of the group stages, but ultimately scored an own goal in Panama's quarterfinal match against Costa Rica and club teammate Marco Ureña, resulting in the end of the tournament for Panama and Costa Rica's advancement to the semifinals.
- Scores and results list Panama's goal tally first.
|1||14 November 2014||Estadio Cuscatlán, San Salvador, El Salvador||El Salvador||0–2||1–3||Friendly match|
Updated to games played as of 21 January 2018.
- Aníbal Godoy: “Siempre fue un sueño para mi” - PanamaFutbol (in Spanish)
- Panameño Godoy firma para el Honved - CONCACAF (in Spanish)
- "San Jose Earthquakes sign 25-year-old Panamanian international Anibal Godoy from Hungarian club". MLS. 5 August 2015. Retrieved 12 January 2017.
- "Quakes re-sign midfielder Anibal Godoy". San Jose Earthquakes. 30 Nov 2017. Retrieved 30 Nov 2017.
- Panama - Record International Players Archived 17 April 2015 at the Wayback Machine. - RSSSF
- Aníbal Godoy – FIFA competition record
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2011 - Full Details[permanent dead link] - RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2013 - Full Details - RSSSF
- Arch Bell (18 July 2017). "Canadian teenage sensation Davies leads Gold Cup group stage Best XI". ESPNFC. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Godoy's own goal gives Costa Rica 1-0 win over Panama". FOX Sports. 20 July 2017. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
|This biographical article related to Panamanian association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|