Aníbal Santiago Acevedo
|Full name||Aníbal Santiago Acevedo|
April 28, 1971 |
San Juan, Puerto Rico
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||67 kg (148 lb)|
Aníbal Santiago Acevedo (born April 28, 1971 in San Juan, Puerto Rico) is a Puerto Rican boxer, who won a bronze medal in the welterweight division at the 1992 Summer Olympics. A year earlier he won the bronze medal at the Pan American Games in Havana, Cuba.
- 1989: Gold Medalist World Junior Championships in San Juan, Puerto Rico (beat Shane Mosley)
- 1991: Bronze Medal Pan Am Games Junior Welterweight
- 1991: Lost to Kostya Tszyu on points in World Championships in Sydney, Australia
- 1992: Gold Medal Santo Domingo Olympic Trials Welterweight (beat Guillermo Jones)
- 1992: Represented Puerto Rico as a welterweight at the Barcelona Olympic games. His results were:
Acevedo began his professional career in 1993 and has had limited success. In 2006 he lost via TKO to Randy Griffin. In February 2007 he lost by KO against Jarmine Mickey.
- Professional boxing record for Aníbal Santiago Acevedo from BoxRec
- Amateur Boxing - Panamerican Games (1991) - Havana, Cuba
|This biographical article related to a Puerto Rican boxer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|