|• Arabic||النزله الغربيه|
|• Type||Village council|
|Name meaning||Nuzlet et Tinat: the settlement of the fig-trees|
In 1882, the Palestine Exploration Fund's Survey of Western Palestine described An-Nazla al-Gharbiya, then called Nuzlet et Tinat: "A little hamlet with fig trees, and a well to the west on low ground. It has caves opposite to it on the south."
British Mandate era
In 1945 the population of Nazla el Gharbiya was 100 Muslims, with 2,320 dunams of land according to an official land and population survey. Of this, 182 dunams were plantations and irrigable land, 556 were used for cereals, while 2 dunams were built-up (urban) land.
According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, an-Nazla al-Gharbiya had a population of approximately 885 inhabitants in mid-year 2006. 6.1% of the population of an-Nazla al-Gharbiya were refugees in 1997. The healthcare facilities for the surrounding villages are based in Baqa ash-Sharqiyya, where the facilities are designated as MOH level 3.
- Palmer, 1881, p. 189
- Conder and Kitchener, 1882, SWP II, p. 153
- Mills, 1932, p. 70
- Department of Statistics, 1945, p. 21
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 76
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 127
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 177
- Projected Mid -Year Population for Tulkarm Governorate by Locality 2004- 2006 Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics.
- Palestinian Population by Locality and Refugee Status Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics
- Health care Facilities Tulkarm Governorate
- Barron, J. B., ed. (1923). Palestine: Report and General Abstracts of the Census of 1922. Government of Palestine.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1882). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 2. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Department of Statistics (1945). Village Statistics, April, 1945. Government of Palestine.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.