|Genres||Indie, rock, Shoegaze|
|Labels||Mom + Pop Music, Grand Hotel van Cleef|
|Associated acts||Tegan and Sara, Iron On, Intercooler, Mary Trembles|
An Horse is a two-person indie rock band from Brisbane, Australia, composed of Kate Cooper of Iron On on vocals and guitar and Damon Cox of Intercooler on drums. In 2008 they toured the United States as an opening act for Tegan and Sara, prior to the release of their first album. In August 2008, they opened for Death Cab for Cutie for their Australian tour. They also opened for Silversun Pickups along with Cage The Elephant in October 2009 for an east coast leg of their Swoon tour. After their own 2009 North American tour, An Horse played as a supporting act for Tegan and Sara in Canada in 2010. In 2012 they accompanied Nada Surf on tour in the United States.
To date An Horse has completed an EP, Not Really Scared, and two albums, Rearrange Beds and Walls. The first two records were produced by ARIA award-winning Australian producer Magoo, at Applewood studios in Queensland while Walls was produced by Howard Redekopp. Rearrange Beds was available on iTunes as of 8 December 2008, and was released in stores on 17 March 2009.
Becoming An Horse
Kate Cooper and Damon Cox met while working at an independent record store called Skinny's. They began making music together in 2007, and set up a PA in the store, where they would rehearse after-hours. Prior to that, Kate had played the odd solo show. "The songs were vastly different but I was using the name An Horse," recalls Kate.
Not Really Scared/Rearrange Beds
The band released their sophomore album, titled "Walls" on 26 April 2011 in North America. It was recorded in Vancouver with producer Howard Redekopp. The track "Trains and Tracks" is available for free download. The opening-song, Dressed Sharply, has been iTunes Single of the Week.
On 12 March 2009 An Horse made their first ever television appearance on the Late Show with David Letterman performing 'Camp Out'.
- Not Really Scared EP (2008)
- Rearrange Beds (Mom + Pop Music, 2009)
- Beds Rearranged Remix EP (Mom + Pop Music, 2010)
- Walls (Mom + Pop Music, 2011)
- Tanzilo, Bobby (1 May 2008). "Gig round-up: An Horse rides into town". OnMilwaukee.com, LLC. Retrieved 15 May 2008.
- "MySpace.com - An Horse - Brisbane, AU - Pop / Indie". MySpace.com. Archived from the original on 9 May 2008. Retrieved 15 May 2008.
- "An Horse's Rearrange Beds in stores March 17, 2009". Altsounds Ltd. 8 December 2008. Archived from the original on 11 December 2008. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- "An Horse". Off The Record. 22 April 2008. Retrieved 17 May 2008.
- "Review: An Horse - Not Really Scared EP". Before Hollywood. 8 May 2008. Retrieved 17 May 2008.
- "Rearrange Beds reviews at Metacritic.com".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 14 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "The Mercedes CLC-Class". Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd. Archived from the original on 4 February 2009. Retrieved 21 December 2008.
- "Amazon.com: Not Really Scared: An Horse: Music". Amazon.com. Archived from the original on 26 April 2008. Retrieved 15 May 2008.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 22 March 2009. Retrieved 2011-02-03.