An Shouzhi [Chinese: 安寿志; pinyin: ān shòu zhì; 1976-] (born in Xinhua County, Hunan Province) is a Chinese lawyer who joined Wang Jing & Co Law Firm, engaged in shipping law, international trade law, and commercial law since 2004. Since 2010, he has been acting as the Chief Representative of Wang Jing & Co Law Firm Fuzhou Office. Prior to this, Mr. An worked in the Head office of Wang Jing & Co., Law Firm and at its Qingdao Office and Xiamen Office separately.
In 1999, An graduated from Navigation College, Jimei University, and received Master of Law in Shipping & Maritime Law from Law School of Dalian Maritime University in 2004. In 2009, An earned a Master of Law in EU Law majoring merger control and competition from Law Faculty of Stockholm University. He was taught by Professor Ulf Bernitz, who is a Professor of European Law at Stockholm University, Visiting Professor at Örebro University, as well as a Senior Research Fellow at St Hilda's College, University of Oxford. He is also serving as a Director for the Wallenberg Foundation, Oxford/Stockholm Association in European Law, based at the Institute of European Law, University of Oxford.
From July 1999 – 2001, Mr. An worked in Sino Master Shipping Co., Ltd in Xiamen, China, as the manager of shipping and import affairs.
February - September 2003, Mr. An did an internship in Xiamen Maritime Court of P.R. China and Xiamen PICC Property and Casualty Insurance Company for case claim handling;
February - April 2009, Mr. An was exchange-visiting European Commission, European Parliament, Council of European Union & Court of Justice of European Communities for studying EU merger control and competition law;
Since May 2004 he is working in Wang Jing & Co.Law Firm. From 2004 to 2006, he worked in its Guangzhou office (Head Office); 2007-2008, worked in its Qingdao Office and as an in charge of its maritime team; July 2009-February 2010, he worked in its Xiamen Office and in charge of its maritime and corporate team. From March 2010 until now, works in and takes charge of Wang Jing & Co. Law Firm Fuzhou Office. His Practice areas include: shipping law, international trade law, commercial law and international arbitration.
Accolades & Social activities
- In 2012, Mr. An received accolades as Asialaw’s Leading lawyer in Maritime & Transport in Asia-Pacific Region.
- In 2009, he became a member of the Chinese European Arbitration Center (Hamburg).
- In 2012, he joined the Council of Fujian Venture Capital Association (China).
An is also serving as the vice editor-in-chief of Wang Jing & Co., Maritime Law Review, and he has written the following guidelines according to the instructions from All China Lawyers Association:
- Guideline on Handling Shipping Cases by Guangdong Province Lawyers (2004);
- All China Lawyers Association's Guideline on Handling Shipping Cases (2007);
- All China Lawyers Association's Guideline on Lawyers Fee regarding Shipping Cases (2010);
- All China Lawyers Association's Catalogue on Shipping Cases (2012).
Works and Publications
Mr. An has co-published two academic books:
- Practice and Legal Issues on Logistics, Dongbei University of Finance & Economics Press, 2003.
- Study on Basic Theories of Marine Tort Law, Dalian Maritime University Press, 2006, by which, Mr. An suggested that China shall set up the system of maritime tort law and the jurisdiction over the type of ocean environmental tort shall be fallen into the Maritime Court.
Mr. An published many essays in leading journals in leading journals, such as:
- On Possession and Lien of Vessels, Annual of China Maritime Law, 2002, Dalian Maritime University Press.
- Legal Issues and Practice in Oil Pollution Cases, Annual of China Maritime Trial, 2004, People's Communication Press.
- Convergence or Parallel Paths? Comparison with Substantive Tests of Merger Control Merger control in EU and Chinese Competition Law, European Competition Law Review, 2010, 31(6), p. 248-257, Sweet & Maxwell, by which, Mr. An are of the view that in this stage the Chinese and EU’s Substantive Tests of Merger Control is really convergent.
- "安寿志_百度百科". Baike.baidu.com. 2012-03-15. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Wang Jing & Co.Law Firm". Wjnco.com. Archived from the original on 2013-12-15. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "集美大学". Jmu.edu.cn. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Dalian Maritime University (DMU) is one of the largest and best maritime universities and is the only key maritime institution under the Ministry of Communications, People's Republic of China. DMU enjoys a high reputation internationally as an excellent center of maritime education and training as recognized by the International Maritime Organization (IMO)". Dlmu.edu.cn. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Welcome to GARD". Gard.no. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "International Marine Insurance". The Swedish Club. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Asialaw Profiles, Our law firm rankings are based on the recommendations of in-house counsel at the world's most prominent companies and financial institutions, as well as the leading lawyers, attorneys and solicitors in each legal market we cover". Asialaw. 2012-09-15. Archived from the original on 2012-10-19. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- "Lawyer overview". Asialaw. Retrieved 2012-09-15.[permanent dead link]
- "WANG JING & CO. was founded since the 1980s and widely recognized as a leading expert in the field. Now she has successfully developed into a full-service law firm, applying and adhering to accepted international principles. The Firm's advanced partnership-style management model encourages a vigorous team spirit and accentuates the advantages of the Firm's language proficiencies in Chinese, English, Japanese, French and Italian. The unparalleled strength of the Firm's shipping and insurance groups is complemented by professional divisions providing a full range of legal services in litigation, arbitration and non-contentious matters, including legal assistance on corporate law, banking law, investment, M&A, company listing, securities, IP rights protection, and real-estate issues". Wjnco.com. 2012-03-16. Archived from the original on 2012-07-31. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "Jedinstveno tržište". Euinfo.pravo.hr. Retrieved 2012-05-25.
- "China Competition Bulletin August 2010" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-25.