Ana Beatriz Barros
- For the Brazilian racing driver, see Ana Beatriz.
|Ana Beatriz Barros|
Ana Beatriz Barros (2011)
29 May 1982 |
Itabira, Minas Gerais, Brazil
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Hair color||Light Brown|
Ana Beatriz Barros (born 29 May 1982) is a Brazilian model known for her multiple appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and for her work with Intimissimi, Guess?, bebe, Victoria's Secret, Chanel cosmetics, and Jennifer Lopez's JLO fashion line.
Early life and family
Barros was born in a small town of Itabira, Minas Gerais, Brazil, to Sônia, a housewife, and Reinato Barros, a mechanical engineer. Later, her family moved to Rio de Janeiro, where she spent her childhood. Barros is of Portuguese, Spanish and Italian ancestry and is the youngest of three sisters; Patricia, who is also a model, and Malu (Maria Luisa), Brazilian dermatologist.
Barros was encouraged by the Rio Elite office to participate in the Elite Model Look 1996, which she was runner up to Diana Kovalchuk. Barros subsequently competed for international Elite Model Look and placed second worldwide. Elite sent her portfolio and recent Polaroid shots to GUESS? which led her to do the Millennium GUESS? campaign along with her friend and fellow Brazilian model Alessandra Ambrosio.
In addition to Guess?, Barros has done advertisements for Christian Dior, Armani Jeans, Oakley, L'Oréal, Diesel, Victoria's Secret, Chanel cosmetics, and Jennifer Lopez's JLO fashion line, among others. In 2004 Jennifer Lopez selected Barros to be the face of her new lingerie line, JLO Lingerie. Lopez said, "I wanted someone young, sexy and urban, with a universal appeal". Barros has been in shows for the likes of Valentino, Missoni, Gucci, Christian Dior, Versace, Emporio Armani, BCBG, DKNY, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Dolce & Gabbana, Michael Kors, Red Oak, Elie Saab and many more prestigious fashion houses. She walked in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, and 2009.
She has been on numerous covers of magazines such as Glamour, Vogue, Marie Claire, Allure; Brazilian magazines such as Capricho and Audi magazine, W, Elle to name a few. Barros appeared seven times on Sports Illustrated in the Swimsuit Issue (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008). Barros was named #96 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World" supplement in 2006.
She was chosen to be in the 2010 Pirelli Calendar photographed by Terry Richardson in Bahia, Brazil, alongside Lily Cole, Daisy Lowe, Miranda Kerr and other models. Barros replaced Lindsay Lohan for Fornarina's Spring Summer 2010 campaign and look book. She has already filmed her first commercial for the company. Barros was also featured in the 2010 Spring/Summer campaign for British retailer Marks and Spencers alongside Twiggy, VV Brown, Lisa Snowdon and Dannii Minogue.
Barros married Greek Egyptian millionaire Karim El Chiaty on the Greek island of Mykonos on 8 July 2016. The list of attendees included fellow Victoria Secret supermodels, Alessandra Ambrosio, Adriana Lima, Isabeli Fontana and Fernanda Motta. Source: Mykonos Live TV & Pappas Post
- "Next / New York / Ana Beatriz Barros". Nextmanagement.com. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Elite+ Profile". Archived from the original on 15 October 2008. Retrieved 13 September 2008.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 7 February 2005. Retrieved 6 February 2005.
- Ana Beatriz Barros Bio" Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 3 June 2007
- Yahoo! Model of the month by Guess?". Yahoo!. Retrieved on 14 June 2007
- Ana Beatriz Barros". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved on 21 May 2007.
- Bell, Gabriel (18 June 2009). "Terry Richardson and Most of the World's Models Gang Up for Pirelli Calendar 2010". New York Magazine. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 20 July 2012. Retrieved 25 June 2009.
- "FORNARINA Primavera Estate 2010". Newemotion.it. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Ana Beatriz Barros - Fornarina S/S 2010 (60s)". YouTube. 3 March 2010. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- [dead link]
- "Intimissimi announce new face for AW14". Underlines Magazine. 8 August 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Ian Somerhalder Smoulders in Azzaro Fragrance Campaign". Toofab.com. 25 March 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "The Life Of Hillel 'Helly' Nahmad". Business Insider. 18 April 2013. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- Macon, Alexandra (12 July 2016) "Ana Beatriz Barros and Karim El Chiaty Marry In Mykonos". Vogue.com. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Torgerson, Rachel (11 July 2016) "See Model Ana Beatriz Barros Gorgeous Wedding Dresses". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ana Beatriz Barros.|