Ana Beatriz Barros
|Born||29 May 1982|
Itabira, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Karim El Chiaty
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
Ana Beatriz Barros (born 29 May 1982) is a Brazilian model, known for her multiple appearances in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and for her work with Intimissimi, GUESS, Bebe, Victoria's Secret, Chanel cosmetics, and Jennifer Lopez's JLO fashion line.
Barros was born in the town of Itabira, Minas Gerais, Brazil, to Sônia, a housewife, and Reinato Barros, a mechanical engineer. Later, her family moved to Rio de Janeiro, where she spent her childhood. She is of German, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish descent.
When she was 13, Barros and her older sister, Patricia, were vacationing in Rio de Janeiro when they were spotted by a representative from Elite Model Management. Barros was encouraged by the Rio Elite office to participate in the Elite Model Look 1996, which she was runner up to Diana Kovalchuk. Barros subsequently competed for international Elite Model Look and placed second worldwide. Elite sent her portfolio and recent Polaroid shots to GUESS? which led her to do the Millennium GUESS? campaign along with her friend and fellow Brazilian model Alessandra Ambrosio.
In addition to Guess?, Barros has done advertisements for Christian Dior, Armani Jeans, Oakley, L'Oréal, Diesel, Victoria's Secret, Chanel cosmetics, and Jennifer Lopez's JLO fashion line, among others. In 2004 Jennifer Lopez selected Barros to be the face of her new lingerie line, JLO Lingerie. Lopez said, "I wanted someone young, sexy and urban, with a universal appeal". Barros has been in shows for the likes of Valentino, Missoni, Gucci, Christian Dior, Versace, Emporio Armani, BCBG, DKNY, Jean-Paul Gaultier, Dolce & Gabbana, Michael Kors, Balmain, Etro, Loewe, Vivienne Westwood, Diane Von Furstenberg, Chloe, Giles Deacon, Stella McCartney, John Galliano, Thierry Mugler, Guy Laroche, Karl Lagerfeld, Mango, Elie Saab and many more prestigious fashion houses. She walked in the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, and 2009.
She has been on numerous covers of magazines such as Glamour, Vogue, Marie Claire, Allure; Brazilian magazines such as Capricho and Audi magazine, W, Elle to name a few. Barros appeared seven times on Sports Illustrated in the Swimsuit Issue (2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008). Barros was named number 96 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World" supplement in 2006.
She was chosen to be in the 2010 Pirelli Calendar photographed by Terry Richardson in Bahia, Brazil, alongside Lily Cole, Daisy Lowe, Miranda Kerr and other models. Barros replaced Lindsay Lohan for Fornarina's Spring Summer 2010 campaign and look book. She has already filmed her first commercial for the company. Barros was also featured in the 2010 Spring/Summer campaign for British retailer Marks and Spencers alongside Twiggy, VV Brown, Lisa Snowdon and Dannii Minogue.
Barros was the ambassador for Italian lingerie brand Intimissimi from 2005 to 2008. In August 2014 she was announced once again as the new face for Intimissimi. In March 2014, she appeared in an ad campaign for Azzaro Fragrance with Ian Somerhalder.
Barros married Greek-Egyptian millionaire Karim El Chiaty on the Greek island of Mykonos on 8 July 2016. The list of attendees included fellow Victoria's Secret supermodels, Alessandra Ambrosio, Adriana Lima, Isabeli Fontana and Fernanda Motta.
In December 2017, she gave birth to the couple's first child, a son. Barros announced she was expecting her second child in September 2019.
|2016||Zoolander 2||'Old and Lame' Show Attendee|
|2005||Belíssima||Modelo||Episode: "Episode #1.1"|
|2013||Domingão do Faustão||Herself / Contestant||Episodes: "Episode dated 19 May 2013" and "Episode dated 2 June 2013"|
|2014||New Girl||Herself||Episode: "Prince"|
|2014||Model Turned Superstar||Herself / Judge||Episode: "Los Angeles"|
- "Next / New York / Ana Beatriz Barros". Nextmanagement.com. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Ana Beatriz Barros – Model". models.com. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- "Yahoo! Model of the Month: Ana Beatriz Barros". May 2000. Archived from the original on 7 February 2005. Retrieved 6 February 2005.
- "Ana Beatriz Barros". gaportugal.pt. Retrieved 10 January 2021.
- "Ana Beatriz Barros, el ángel prepara boda". lavanguardia.com. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2018.
- Ana Beatriz Barros Bio" Sports Illustrated. Retrieved 3 June 2007.
- "Yahoo! Model of the Month: Alessandra Ambrosio". Archived from the original on 5 December 2006. Retrieved 14 June 2007.
- Ana Beatriz Barros". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved on 21 May 2007.
- Bell, Gabriel (18 June 2009). "Terry Richardson and Most of the World's Models Gang Up for Pirelli Calendar 2010". New York. Retrieved 21 February 2011.
- "FORNARINA Primavera Estate 2010". Newemotion.it. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Ana Beatriz Barros – Fornarina S/S 2010 (60s)". YouTube. 3 March 2010. Archived from the original on 12 December 2021. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Marks & Spencer - Womens, Mens & Kids Clothing, Home, Food & More". Archived from the original on 28 January 2013. Retrieved 1 April 2010.
- "Intimissimi announce new face for AW14". Underlines Magazine. 8 August 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- "Ian Somerhalder Smoulders in Azzaro Fragrance Campaign". Toofab.com. 25 March 2014. Retrieved 8 April 2016.
- Macon, Alexandra (12 July 2016). "Ana Beatriz Barros and Karim El Chiaty Marry in Mykonos". Vogue.com. Archived from the original on 14 July 2016. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- Torgerson, Rachel (11 July 2016). "See Model Ana Beatriz Barros Gorgeous Wedding Dresses". Usmagazine.com. Retrieved 14 July 2016.
- "ANA BEATRIZ BARROS PRESUME DE EMBARAZO EN LA GRAN GALA DE MÓNACO". Hola. 27 September 2019. Archived from the original on 28 September 2019. Retrieved 28 September 2019.