Ana Bertha Lepe
|Ana Bertha Lepe|
|Born||Ana Bertha Lepe Jiménez
12 September 1934
Tecolotlán, Jalisco, Mexico
|Died||24 October 2013
Mexico City, Mexico
Ana Bertha Lepe Jiménez (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈana ˈβerta ˈlepe]; 12 September 1934 – 24 October 2013) was a Mexican actress of the Golden Age of Mexican cinema. In 1953, she was Señorita México (Miss Mexico) and the third runner-up at the Miss Universe contest.
She made her film debut in La justicia del lobo (1952) her first of many films, she then entered and won the Miss Mexico contest. In 1955, she filmed in Cuba Una gallega en La Habana. In 1959, she participated in Señoritas with Christiane Martel, the Miss Universe 1953 in the year Lepe obtained third place. She is internationally known for her starring role as Gamma in La nave de los monstruos (1960), a classic science fiction comedy co-starring Eulalio González "Piporro" and Lorena Velázquez. In 1960, Lepe's father shot and killed her fiancé, actor Agustín de Anda and disappeared from show business for several years. In 1977, she acted in the first of many telenovelas, Pacto de amor.
She was briefly married once, but had no children.
Ana Bertha Lepe died on 24 October 2013, aged 79.
- The Viscount of Monte Cristo (1954)
- Kid Tabaco (1955)
- Look What Happened to Samson (1955)
- Where Are Our Children Going? (1958)
- La nave de los monstruos (1960)
- A Girl from Chicago (1960)
- Rebel Without a House (1960)
- Los valientes no mueren (1962)
- Tin-Tan El Hombre Mono (1963)
- El tesoro del Rey Salomon (1964)
- Mundo de juguete (TV) (1974)
- El patrullero 777 (1978)
- Sentimientos Ajenos (TV) (1996)
- Agrasánchez Jr., Rogelio (2001). Bellezas del cine mexicano/Beauties of Mexican Cinema. Archivo Fílmico Agrasánchez. ISBN 968-5077-11-8.
|This biographical article about a contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Mexican actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|