Kasparian in June 2016
|Born||Anahit Misak Kasparian
July 7, 1986
Northridge, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Residence||West Hollywood, California, U.S.|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts, Journalism
Master of Arts in Political Science
|Alma mater||California State University, Northridge|
|Occupation||Political pundit, new media talk show host|
|Employer||The Young Turks|
|Television||The Young Turks with Cenk Uygur|
Anahit Misak "Ana" Kasparian (Armenian: Անահիտ Միսաքի Գասպարյան, pronounced [ɑnɑˈhid miˈsɑkʰ kʰɑsbɑˈɾjɑn]; born July 7, 1986) is an Armenian-American left-wing political pundit and the co-host and producer for the online news show The Young Turks. Kasparian began working as a fill-in producer for The Young Turks in 2007, and is now[when?] co-host of the main show and host of The Point on the TYT Network. She also appeared on the TV version of the show that aired on Current TV.
Born in Los Angeles, Kasparian is the daughter of Armenian immigrant parents. Her great grandparents on her father's side experienced first hand the Armenian genocide in 1915. Ana was raised in the Reseda community of the San Fernando Valley. Kasparian grew up speaking Armenian as her first language and started kindergarten without being able to speak a word of English. Kasparian graduated from Valley Alternative Magnet High School of Van Nuys in 2004 and California State University, Northridge (CSUN) in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts, Journalism (BAJ).
Kasparian was an assistant producer with CBS Radio news stations in Los Angeles, first with KFWB and then KNX. She has also worked with AOL News, YouTube, TidalTv and On Point. After becoming a fill-in host in April 2007, Kasparian became the producer and co-host with Cenk Uygur of the progressive talk radio on Sirius XM Satellite Radio and internet show/TV show The Young Turks. Kasparian says that young people are interested in news, but "they see network anchors as simply folks who read tele-prompters." She co-hosted TYT University, a show focused on issues faced by university students for some years, and now hosts another TYT Network show, The Point. Kasparian is an atheist. She completed her Master of Political Science in 2010. She now teaches a class in journalism at CSUN.
Ana Kasparian and Cenk Uygur have been involved with many interviews in the course of the Young Turks. One of those interviews was with controversial pastor James David Manning, a right-wing U.S. Protestant fundamentalist pastor, during which he said "your contributions to this show [the Young Turks] are your boobs, and not your brains." Kasparian "fired back" at the pastor, calling the remarks he made at her "sexist." She called pastor Manning "ignorant", and noted he was a man "who got a PhD from an unaccredited institution [he] founded [himself]." Kasparian has been interviewed for documentaries, including The Culture High in 2014.
- Kasparian, Ana (26 October 2007). "The Young Turks...From an Armenian's Perspective.". The Young Turks. Archived from the original on 4 June 2012. Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- ՄԱՆՈՅԵԱՆ, ԳԷՈՐԳ (30 April 2005). ԼՈՒՍԱՐՁԱԿ- Երիտհայուհին [Lusardzak – Yerithayuhin] (in Armenian). Retrieved 25 March 2012.
- "The Young Turks Declare Independence On YouTube". NewMediaRockstars.com. 9 July 2012.
- Kasparian, Ana (2007). "AnaKasparian". The Young Turks. Retrieved September 14, 2012.
-  around the 3:20 time mark
- Kasparian says she grew up in Reseda at 2:00 mark of The Young Turks video "Mom Jailed For Putting Kids In Good School" (January 26, 2011)
- Kasparian explains this at the 0:20 mark of The Young Turks video "People Don't Trust Foreign Accents - Study" (October 28, 2010)
- "Class of 2004". Lausd.net. Retrieved 2013-08-05.
- "Episode 94 : Media Mayhem.". The Lip. 14 March 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- Kasparian describes her experience with KFWB and KNX from 1:20 to 3:20 in the TYT University video "Bad Internships for College Students & Graduates" from October 25, 2011.
- "MIPTV: Online Video Gets Its Day in the Sun at Cannes". Hollywood Reporter. 10 Apr 2014.
- "The Young Turks' Steven Oh On YouTube Channel Town Square's Second Round Google Funding". NewMediaRockstars.com. 18 Jan 2013.
We’re lucky to have Ana Kasparian (co-host of The Young Turks) hosting and she’s fantastic.
- "Does "Burkini" Ban Make France More Free, Or Less?". YouTube. The Young Turks. August 16, 2016.
- Gettys, Travis (6 March 2014). "'Young Turks' host Ana Kasparian destroys 'ignorant,' breast-obsessed birther pastor". Raw Story. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- The Culture High at the Internet Movie Database
- Ana Kasparian at the Internet Movie Database
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ana Kasparian.|