Ana Victoria García Obregón
March 18, 1955
|Alma mater||Universidad Complutense de Madrid|
|Occupation||Actress, Celebrity, TV Series, Socialite|
Ana Victoria García Obregón (born March 18, 1955), better known as Ana Obregón, is a Spanish actress, television presenter, celebrity and socialite. Obregón has appeared in films from Spain, France, United States and Italy but she is best known for her high-profile personal life and her career as a television actress, most notably for her performances in the Spanish television series A las once en casa and Ana y los 7.
She is best known to American audiences for her role as Bo Derek's sidekick in 1984's Bolero. She also starred in Jules Verne's Mystery on Monster Island (1981) and the 3-D action adventure film Treasure of the Four Crowns (1983) with Tony Anthony. She also appeared in an episode of Who's the Boss?, playing Ana, Tony Micelli's Italian cousin.
In the gossip press
A staple of the Spanish prensa rosa or gossip press, Obregón is also famous in Spain and Britain for a long relationship with Croatia striker Davor Šuker as well as a supposed liaison with the Real Madrid and England international football player David Beckham. This led to a spat with Beckham's wife Victoria who famously referred to the then 50-year-old as a "geriatric Barbie". Obregón later denied any sexual misconduct on her part, but sued instead.
Obregón was one of Jeffrey Epstein's clients at his consulting firm, Intercontinental Assets Group Inc. (IAG). In 1982 Epstein, then a high-level bounty hunter, helped her to recover her father's millions in lost investments, which had disappeared when Drysdale Government Securities collapsed because of fraud.
Obregón found herself in the midst of controversy in 2007 following information disclosed by Interviú, and subsequently published by the major newspapers in Spain: according to said media, an ostensibly distraught Obregón allegedly called her bodyguard Eloy Sánchez Barba in order to ask him to hire third parties to beat up or physically assault journalist Jaime Cantinzano, in reprisal for what she deemed an unacceptable public exposure of her teenage son. According to these sources of information, she said: "...but I don't want this done by just anyone, I want you to have los Miami doing this", in reference to a well-known criminal group established mainly in Madrid. Unbeknownst to her and Sánchez Barba, the latter's telephone line had been tapped by the Spanish police in connection to their investigation of a hit job presumably coordinated by Sánchez Barba months before.
|1981||Jules Verne's Mystery on Monster Island||Meg Hollaney / Meg Calderón|
|1983||Treasure of the Four Crowns||Liz|
|1986||The A-Team||Marta||NBC||3 episodes|
|1987||Who's the Boss?||Ana||ABC||1 episode|
|1993 - 1998||¿Qué apostamos?||Herself||Televisión Española||Host|
|1996 - 1997||Hostal Royal Manzanares||Sonsy||Televisión Española||43 episodes|
|1998 - 1999||A las once en casa||Paula||Televisión Española||54 episodes|
|2002 - 2005||Ana y los 7||Ana García Palermo||Televisión Española||92 episodes|
- Beckham Exclusive: Posh off!", The Mirror, 15 December 2005, accessed 29 Oct 2009.
- "Actress's threat to sue Posh", The Mirror, 17 December 2005, accessed 29 Oct 2009.
- Patterson, James; Connolly, John (October 10, 2016). "Chapter 26". Filthy Rich: A Powerful Billionaire, the Sex Scandal that Undid Him, and All the Justice that Money Can Buy: The Shocking True Story of Jeffrey Epstein. Little, Brown. p. 320. ISBN 9780316362450.
- Kornbluth, Jesse (July 9, 2019). "I was a friend of Jeffrey Epstein; here's what I know". Salon. Retrieved July 16, 2019.
- Herron, Janna; McCoy, Kevin (July 14, 2019). "From private island to private jet: What is 'billionaire' Jeffrey Epstein's net worth?". USA Today. Gannett. Retrieved July 14, 2019.
- Herraiz, Pablo (January 13, 2009). "La Policía lleva 15 años desarticulando a 'Los Miami'" [The Police have spent 15 years bringing the "Los Miami" structure down]. El Mundo (in Spanish) (6.940). Mundinteractivos, S.A. Archived from the original on 28 August 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- Marlasca, Manuel; Rendueles, Luis (26 May 2008). "Ana Obregón ordena dar una paliza a Cantizano" [Ana Obregón attempts to have Jaime Cantizano beaten up]. Interviú (in Spanish). Grupo Zeta. Archived from the original on 22 October 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- "Ana Obregón pidió a su escolta que diera una paliza a Cantizano, según 'Interviú'" [Ana Obregón asked her bodyguard to have Cantizano beaten up, according to 'Interviú']. 20 Minutos (in Spanish). 26 May 2008. Retrieved 20 October 2019.
- Sánchez Barba, Eloy (May 27, 2008). "Jaime Cantizano sabía que Ana Obregón quería darle "una lección"" [Jaime Cantizano knew Ana Obregón planned on teaching him 'a lesson']. Noticias cada día (in Spanish). Archived from the original on 22 March 2011. Retrieved 20 October 2019.