Ana Patricia Botín
|Ana Patricia Botín-Sanz de Sautuola O'Shea|
Ana Patricia Botín during the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2009 in Davos
|Born||Ana Patricia Botín O'Shea
4 October 1960
|Alma mater||Bryn Mawr College
Harvard Business School
|Occupation||Executive Chairman, Santander Group|
|Salary||€6,861,000 (total compensation, 2014)|
|Net worth||US$135 million (2015)|
|Spouse(s)||Guillermo Morenés Mariátegui|
|Children||Felipe Morenés Botín, Javier Morenés Botín, Pablo Morenés Botín|
Ana Patricia Botín-Sanz de Sautuola O'Shea, DBE (born 4 October 1960) is a Spanish banker. On 10 September 2014 she was appointed executive chairman of Santander Group, the fourth generation of the Botín family to hold this role. Prior to this she was CEO of Santander UK, a role she held from December 2010.
In 2005, Botín was ranked by Forbes magazine as the 99th most powerful woman in the world. In 2009, she was ranked 45th. In February 2013, she was ranked the third most powerful woman in the UK by Woman's Hour on BBC Radio 4. In 2016, she was ranked the 10th most powerful woman in the world by Forbes.
In 1983, she married fellow banker Guillermo Morenés Mariátegui, son of the Marquis of Borghetto, a wealthy landowner. They have three children: Felipe Morenés Botín, Javier Morenés Botín, and Pablo Morenés Botín.
In 2015 Ana Botín was presented with the FIRST Award for Responsible Capitalism. The award ceremony was held at Lancaster House in London, and presented by Sajid Javid, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills.
- "Executive Profile* Ana Botín-Sanz De Sautuola y O'Shea". Bloomberg. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Ana Botín". therichest. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- "Santander appoints Ana Botin as chairwoman". BBC News.
- "#99 Ana Patricia Botín". forbes.com. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- "The 100 Most Powerful Women". Forbes.com. 2009-08-19.
- "BBC Radio 4 - Woman's Hour - The Power List 2013". BBC.
- "#10 Ana Patricia Botín". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2016-06-07.
- "Ana Patricia Botin to Head Santander UK". New York Times. 4 November 2010. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Coca-Cola board elects Ana Botin as a director
- "Ana Botín, unanimously appointed to chair the board of Banco Santander".
- "Emilio Botín - obituary". Daily Telegraph. 14 September 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- Ruiz, Borja (13 September 2014). "Guillermo Morenés, el consorte de la nueva primera dama de la banca". El Mundo. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- Penty, Charles (8 March 2011). "Banking Queen Botin Plans U.K. IPO in Santander Succession Test". Bloomberg. Retrieved 4 August 2015.
- Trotman, Andrew (8 December 2015). "Santander boss Ana Botin awarded honorary damehood". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 25 December 2015.
- "British Ambassador to Spain tweets about FIRST Award presented to Botín".
- "Rt Hon Sajid Javid MP presents award".