Promotional theatrical poster
|Directed by||Amol Palekar|
Anahat (Eternity) is a 2003 Marathi film directed by Amol Palekar and starring Sonali Bendre, Anant Nag and Deepti Naval. Anahat focuses on a woman (Bendre) asserting her right to sexual fulfillment. Anahat, (the eighth feature film of the actor-turned-director), is the second offering by Palekar which examines gender-related issues, the first being Daayra. The film was inspired by Surendra Verma’s Hindi play Surya ki Antim Kiran Se Surya Ki Pehli Kiran Tak.
Anahat is set in the 10th century A.D in Shravasti, the capital of the Kingdom of Malla. It revolves around two individuals — the king of Malla (Anant Nag) who is unable to father an heir, and the Queen, Sheelavati (Sonali Bendre), who is forced to choose a potent mate for one night. But, while the queen is ordered to merely produce an heir through the prevalent custom of Niyoga, she enjoys the sexual act without hurting her husband and came to know what women part of her life was missing in her life.
- "Echoes of eternity". Indian Express. 23 September 2003.
- "International Film Festival of India-2003". Pib.nic.in. Retrieved 2012-01-14.
- Chatterjee, Saibal (Sep 2, 2017). "Israel sways to Bollywood songs". tribuneindia.com.
- "Sonali Bendre to make a comeback to Marathi films? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
- "Sonali Bendre in Marathi film !". The Hans India. Retrieved 2017-09-28.
|This article about a Marathi film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to historical films is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|