Anahuac Independent School District
|Anahuac Independent School District|
|804 Mikhael Ricks Dr.
ESC Region 4
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||93.84 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.74 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division I|
|Colors||Black, Vegas Gold|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
Anahuac Independent School District is a public school district based in Anahuac, Texas (USA). The district serves Anahuac and several unincorporated areas, including Double Bayou, Hankamer, Monroe City, Oak Island, Smith Point, Turtle Bayou, and Wallisville. The district operates one high school, Anahuac High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $310,658,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.032 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in five schools.
- Regular instructional
- Anahuac High School (Grades 9-12)
- Anahuac Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Anahuac Elementary School (Grades PK-5)
- Alternative instructional
- Adaptive Behavior Unit (Grades 1-12)
- Hardin/Chambers Center (DAEP Grades 6-12)
Anahuac High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, powerlifting,track and soccer. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Anahuac High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division I.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Anahuac ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Anahuac High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 13 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.