|Elevation||3,000 ft (1,000 m)|
Anaka is on the Acholibur–Gulu–Olwiyo Road, the main highway between Gulu and Pakwach. It is about 53 kilometres (33 mi) south-west of Gulu, the largest city in the sub-region. The coordinates of the town are 02°36'03.0"N, 31°56'52.0"E (Latitude:2.600839; Longitude:31.947775).
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of the town:
- The offices of Anaka Town Council
- Anaka General Hospital - A 120-bed public hospital, administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Anaka central market
- The Acholibur–Gulu–Olwiyo Road, the main highway between Gulu and Pakwach
- Pope Paul VI Senior Secondary School
- Anaka Catholic Church
- Globefeed.com (25 June 2016). "Distance between Gulu, Northern Region, Uganda and Anaka, Northern Region, Uganda". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- Google (25 June 2016). "Location of Anaka, Nwoya District, Northern Region, Uganda" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 25 June 2016.
- Makumbi, Cissy (29 January 2015). "Anaka Hospital repairs to be completed in June". Daily Monitor. Kampala. Retrieved 5 May 2016.