Anaktuvuk Pass Airport
|Anaktuvuk Pass Airport|
|Owner||North Slope Borough|
|Serves||Anaktuvuk Pass, Alaska|
|Elevation AMSL||2,102 ft / 641 m|
Anaktuvuk Pass Airport (IATA: AKP, ICAO: PAKP, FAA LID: AKP) is a public use airport located in Anaktuvuk Pass, a city in the North Slope Borough of the U.S. state of Alaska. The airport is owned by North Slope Borough.
As per Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 3,832 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 3,856 enplanements in 2009, and 4,031 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a non-primary commercial service airport (between 2,500 and 10,000 enplanements per year).
Facilities and aircraft
Anaktuvuk Pass Airport resides at elevation of 2,102 feet (641 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 2/20 with a gravel surface measuring 4,800 by 100 feet (1,463 x 30 m). For the 12-month period ending January 1, 2006, the airport had 3,600 aircraft operations, an average of 300 per month: 89% air taxi and 11% general aviation.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines offer scheduled passenger service at this airport:
|Warbelow's Air Ventures||Fairbanks |
|Wright Air Service||Fairbanks |
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|1||Fairbanks, Alaska||Fairbanks International Airport (FAI)||3,020|
|2||Barrow, AK||Wiley Post-Will Rogers Memorial Airport (BRW)||40|
|3||Kaktovik, AK||Barter Island LRRS Airport (BTI)||10|
|4||Coldfoot, AK||Coldfoot Airport (CXF)||10|
|5||Bettles, AK||Bettles Airport (BTT)||10|
- FAA Airport Master Record for AKP ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective January 5, 2017.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (AKP: Anaktuvuk Pass)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved July 27, 2013.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27.
- "Warbelow's Flight Schedule". Warbelow's Air Ventures. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- "Schedule". Wright Air Service. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- "Anaktuvuk Pass, AK: Anaktuvuk Pass Airport (AKP)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics. December 2015. Retrieved January 11, 2017.
- Alaska FAA airport diagram (GIF)
- Topographic map from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport: