This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Anal beads are a sex toy consisting of multiple balls attached in series, which are continuously inserted through the anus into the rectum, and then removed with varying speeds depending on the desired effect.
Anal beads are available in many sizes, with individual beads measuring from 25 mm in diameter to 125 mm in diameter or larger. Most users enjoy beads of approximately 45 mm, but some will become more adventurous with experience, and try larger sizes. Anal beads are commonly made of silicone, plastic, rubber, latex, glass, or metal, and normally end with a ring or similar handle designed for pulling. The purpose of this ring is to prevent the beads from becoming fully lodged in the rectum and to ease removal. The beads may either be joined flexibly, requiring individual insertion or by a semi-rigid thin shaft, allowing anal insertion in a single motion.
The many nerve endings of the sphincter provide arousal both during insertion and removal, and larger beads may create feelings of pressure while in the rectum. Removing anal beads at the point of orgasm heightens sensations, leading to a much stronger orgasm.
Some anal beads are enhanced with vibration technology.
As with all anal sexual activity, the anal beads and the rectum should be well-lubricated with a sexual lubricant intended for anal sex. It is important to do this, as the rectum can be easily ripped, torn, or injured. Silicone-based lubricants should not be used with silicone anal beads, as the lubricant will erode the beads. Anal sex toys should be well washed with warm soapy water and left to dry naturally after use. Alternatively, they can be placed inside a condom, which is recommended if they are shared with a partner.
Care must also be taken to count the beads before and after use to ensure that they are all removed from the anus, as strings have reportedly broken during intense rectal movements. If a bead gets stuck in the rectum and cannot be expelled naturally, medical intervention may be necessary; once the toy passes the anal sphincter, it can be pulled upwards, into the colon.
If the beads are threaded onto a string, which is a porous material, they cannot be fully disinfected. Anal beads should not be shared between partners without using a physical barrier, such as a latex or neoprene condom, to prevent the transfer of feces. Sharing unsterilized anal toys can expose users to various sexually transmitted diseases. Anal beads that have been inserted into an anus should not be inserted into a vagina, as this causes yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis, as well as various sexually transmitted diseases.
Carlsen–Niemann cheating controversy
In the 2022 Sinquefield Cup, a prestigious chess tournament, reigning World Champion Magnus Carlsen withdrew from the tournament after implying that the opponent he lost to, Hans Niemann, was cheating. An internet meme, first propagated as a joke in grandmaster Eric Hansen's Twitch chat, suggested that Niemann was cheating using anal beads that vibrated the computer-suggested move via Morse Code. The meme spread throughout the internet, even appearing on late-night talk shows such as The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
- "Everything You Need to Know About Anal Beads". HotCherry. Retrieved 2022-05-15.
- Zane, Zachary (2021-10-01). "Everything You've Ever Wondered About Anal Beads, but Were Scared to Ask". Men's Health. Retrieved 2022-05-15.
- Hsieh, Carina (2021-01-04). "22 Things You Didn't Know About Using Anal Beads". Cosmopolitan. Retrieved 2022-05-15.
- "Here's Everything You Need to Know About Anal Beads". SELF. 2018-12-19. Retrieved 2022-05-15.
- "Anal Beads: Backdoor Pleasure Part I". blissfulcherry.com. Retrieved 2022-05-15.
- "How to Clean Your Anal Beads". Love Plugs. Retrieved 2022-05-15.
- "Yes, Some Sex Toys Can Get 'Stuck' — Here's How to Handle It". Healthline. 2020-09-17. Retrieved 2022-05-15.
- "Staying Safe With Anal Beads". Love Plugs CA. Retrieved 2022-05-15.
- South Park™: The Fractured But Whole™- Priest Anal Beads, retrieved 2022-09-18
- Dwan, Hannah (2017-10-16). "South Park: The Fractured But Whole review round up | What the critics are saying". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2022-09-18.
- "The Chess Grandmaster Anal Bead Conspiracy That's Happening Right Now, Explained". Kotaku. 2022-09-15. Retrieved 2022-09-18.
- Meanwhile... Sitting Is Killing Us | Anal Bead Chess Scandal, retrieved 2022-09-18
- Inflatabledartboard4 (2022-09-16). "Trevor Noah weighs in on Hans Niemann scandal". r/AnarchyChess. Retrieved 2022-09-18.