The Analectic Magazine (1813–1820) was published in Philadelphia by Moses Thomas. Some issues contained reprinted articles from the British press. Washington Irving served as editor 1813-1814. "The first lithograph ever made in America is in this magazine for July 1819. It represents a woodland scene — a flowing stream and a single house upon the bank. It was made by Bass Otis."
- Cyclopaedia of American literature. NY: Scribner, 1855
- Albert H. Smyth. The Philadelphia magazines and their contributors, 1741-1850. Philadelphia: R. M. Lindsay, 1892
- Analectic Magazine v.4 (1814); v.6 (1815); v.8 (1816)
- Joseph Sabin, ed. (1868). "Analectic Magazine". Bibliotheca Americana 1. New York. OCLC 13972268.
- Hathi Trust. "Analectic Magazine, comprising original reviews, biography, analytical abstracts of new publications, translations from French journals, and selections from the most esteemed British review."