|Alma mater||The Doon School|
Shri Ram College of Commerce
|Occupation||Founder Chairman Emeritus Max Group|
Founder Leeu Collection
Non-Executive Chairman Vodafone India
|Children||Piya Singh (Daughter), Veer Singh (Son), Tara Singh Vachani (Daughter)|
|Parent(s)||Bhai Mohan Singh|
|Relatives||Sahil Vachani (Son-in-Law)|
|Awards||Padma Bhushan (2011)|
Knight Order of Queen Isabella
Analjit Singh (born 11 January 1954) is the Founder Chairman Emeritus of Max Group. A multi business conglomerate, Max Group has interests in life insurance (Max Life), healthcare (Max Healthcare), health insurance (Max Bupa), Senior Living (Antara), Speciality packing (Max Speciality Films), Real Estate (Max Estates). He is the founder of Leeu Collection, an international collection of boutique hotels. He is also the Non-Executive Chairman of Vodafone India.
Analjit Singh was born in New Delhi, to Bhai Mohan Singh and Avtar Mohan Singh. Bhai Mohan Singh (1917–2006) was the founder of Ranbaxy Laboratories. Analjit Singh was the youngest of three sons of Bhai Mohan Singh—Parvinder Singh and Manjit Singh were the two elder brothers.
Analjit Singh spent his formative years in The Doon School. He then studied Economics at Shri Ram College of Commerce University of Delhi. before going for his MBA at Boston University. He has been awarded an honorary doctorate by Amity University, Noida.
Max Group is multi business enterprise containing three listed companies—Max Financial Services, Max India Limited and Max Ventures and Industries Limited. Max Financial Services comprises, Max Life Insurance, India's largest private non-bank life insurance company. Max India Limited comprises Max Healthcare, comprising a chain of 14 hospitals; Max Bupa, a health insurance provider and Antara Senior Living, a full service residential community. Max Ventures and Industries Limited comprises Max Speciality Films, one of the leaders in speciality films packaging business, Max Estates, a real estate firm, an investment vertical called Max I. which has already invested in Azure hospitality and Nykaa.com. Max Ventures and Industries Limited has also announced its interest in education which are being pursued under Max Learning. Max Group has joint venture relationships with Mitsui Sumitomo of Japan in Max Life Insurance, Life healthcare of South Africa in Max Healthcare and Bupa Plc of the United Kingdom in Max Bupa.
Analjit Singh served as the chairman of Vodafone India from February 2012 to August 2018. He has been the key spokesperson of Vodafone in India and was the main representative of the company during the Vodafone's retrospective taxation controversy with the Government of India.
Analjit Singh is founder of Leeu Collection, an international collection of boutique hotels in South Africa and Europe. In South Africa, Leeu Collection is based in Franschhoek and its entities include Leeu Estates, Leeu House, Lee Quartier Francais and Mullineux and Leeu Family Wines. In Europe, Leeu Collection owns The Linthwaite House in Lake District in England and recently acquired Collegio Alla Querce in Florence, Italy.
Other boards and associations
Analjit Singh serves on the Founder Executive Board of Indian School of Business. He is the patron of Max Institute of Healthcare Management, one of the partner institutes at the ISB's Mohali campus. He served as Chairman of Mohali Campus Advisory Board of ISB.
He served on the Board of Tata Global Beverages and resigned in December 2016. He had voted against the resolution moved for Cyrus Mistry’s ouster as Chairman of the company. In his resignation letter he said that he lamented at the overall lack of transparency surrounding the sacking of Cyrus Mistry.
He served as the Chairman of Indian Institute of Technology (IIT)-Roorkee, from 2011 to 2014. He serves on the Prime Minister's UK-India CEO Forum, where he is the co-chair of Ease of Doing Business Committee along with Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO of WPP Plc. He has also served as a member of Prime Minister's Indo-US CEO Forum. He has served as Chairman of Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) national committee on insurance and pensions.
Analjit Singh served as the Consul General of Republic of San Marino in India from November 2007 to August 2018. He also served as the co-chair of Prabodhan, a forum for facilitating closer and more effective engagement between European and Indian decision makers and opinion leaders.
Honours and awards
Padma Bhushan 2011
Analjit Singh married Neelu Singh on 30 December 1979. The couple has three children, Pia Singh, Veer Singh and Tara Singh Vachani. Pia works for Max Healthcare. Veer is the founder and owner of Vana Retreats. Tara is the MD and CEO of Antara Senior Living. Tara is married to Sahil Vachani, who is the MD of Max Ventures and Industries Limited (MVIL)
- Amrit Raj. "Analjit Singh's next big bet: Max Ventures". Livemint.com.
- Shabana Hussain. "Analjit Singh to head Vodafone India". forbesindia.com.
- Forbes. "Max India's Analjit Singh Builds Grand Estate In South Africa". forbes.com.
- Bobby Jordon. "How an Indian tycoon accidentally bought Franschhoek". sundaytimes.co.za.
- "#73 Analjit Singh". Forbes.com.
- "Srcc Alumni Association". Srccalumni.org.
- "Forbes India Magazine – Analjit Singh's Future-Proof Strategy". Forbesindia.com.
- "India's best Commerce colleges : Best Colleges – India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 11 June 2009.
- "Speaker Profiles » India 2010 » Boston University". Bu.edu.
- Mr. Analjit Singh. "Analjit Singh | MAX". Maxindia.com. Archived from the original on 2 January 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2012.
- "Max India to be split into 3 units". business-standard.com.
- Shabana Hussain. "Antara – How Analjit Singh's Daughter is Building a New Address for Senior Citizens". forbesindia.com.
- Arun Kumar. "Max Ventures to enter hospitality space with Azure stake buy, commits Rs 33.5 crore investment". economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- "Max Ventures and Industries acquires 2% stake in Nykaa". timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- "About Max Bupa".
- "Analjit Singh to head Vodafone India". thehindu.com.
- "Vodafone's Analjit Singh meets finance secy over tax issue". firstpost.com.
- Ashwin Mohan. "Vodafone may settle tax issue with government: Analjit Singh, non-executive chairman". economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- "Max India's Analjit Singh enters wine industry in South Africa". economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- "BENEFACTOR". isb.edu.
- "Our Board of Directors". sofina.be.
- Mohit Bhalla. "Analjit Singh slams Mistry ouster in resignation". economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- Bidya Sapam. "Analjit Singh resigns from Tata Global Beverages board after Mistry ouster". livemint.com.
- "New Chairman of Board of Governors of IIT Roorkee, PadmaVibhushan Shri Analjit Singh". iitraana.net.
- "FIRST MEETING OF THE UK-INDIA CEO FORUM". ukibc.com.
- "Reconstituted India-US CEOs' Forum to meet PM, Obama". hindustantimes.com.
- Viswanath Pilla. "Firms can appoint agents without insurance regulator's licence". livemint.com.
- "Diplomatic Representations of San Marino". esteri.sm.
- "MR. ANALJIT SINGH Founder and Chairman Emeritus, Max Group" (PDF).
- "The Founding Family". Vana.
- "Tara Singh Vachani: Building the future". Forbes India. Retrieved 15 March 2016.
- "Vana Wellness Retreat in Northern India, the World's Finest in Decadence and Design". Forbes. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- "Son-in-law rises in the Max group". Business Standard. Retrieved 17 August 2016.