Anamudi Shola National Park
Anamudi Shola National Park (Malayalam : ആനമുടി ഷോല ദേശീയ ഉദ്യാനം) is a protected area located along the Western Ghats in Idukki District, Kerala state, South India. It is composed of Mannavan shola, Idivara shola and Pullardi shola, covering a total area of around 7.5 km². Draft notification of this new park was released on Nov 21, 2003.
The park is administered by, Munnar Wildlife Division, together with the nearby Mathikettan Shola National Park, Eravikulam National Park, Pambadum Shola National Park, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary and the Kurinjimala Sanctuary. The Western Ghats, Anamalai Sub-Cluster, including all of Eravikulam National Park, is under consideration by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee for selection as a World Heritage Site.
Elevation ranges from 2,152 meters (7,060 ft) - 2,305 meters (7,562 ft) This park is a very high rainfall area with annual average rainfall of about 2,500 millimeters (98 in). Anamudi Shola National Park provides valuable wildlife habitat connectivity between Mathikettan Shola National Park, Eravikulam National Park, Pambadum Shola National Park, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary and the Kurinjimala Sanctuary, all of which surround this protected area. This national park forms part of the Anamalai sub-cluster, which was recently nominated for consideration for World Heritage Site status under UNESCO's World Heritage Programme.
- Mathikettan declared National Park (Nov 21, 2003) The Hindu, retrieved on Jun 8, 2007 
- K.S. Sudhi (Nov 03, 2006) The Hindu, retrieved 6/21/2007 New lives bloom in Rajamala
- UNESCO, World Heritage sites, Tentative lists, Western Ghats sub cluster, Niligiris. retrieved 4/20/2007 World Heritage sites, Tentative lists
- "Anamudi Shola National Park". Eco-Informatics Center. ATREE. Archived from the original on 5 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-19.
- http://circle.forest.kerala.gov.in/wckottayam/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=106&Itemid=82 ()
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Anamudi Shola National Park.|
|This article related to a location in Idukki district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about protected areas of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|