Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alma mater||University of Jordan, |
Wayne State University
Anan Ameri (born 1944) is a writer, and founding director of Arab American National Museum. She founded the Palestinian Aid Society. She is in the Michigan Women's Hall of Fame. She won a 2013 ICOM-US Service Citation Award.
- Anan Ameri; Dawn Ramey; Arab American encyclopedia, Detroit: U X L, 2000. OCLC 607722009
- The scent of jasmine : coming of age in Jerusalem and Damascus, Northampton MA : Olive Branch Press, 2017. ISBN 9781566560016, OCLC 969827672
- "American Dreamers: Anan Ameri, 61". Crain's Detroit Business. 2007-03-23. Retrieved 2018-07-27.
- "Personality: Anan Ameri Jabara". Washington Report on Middle East Affairs | Telling the truth for more than 35 years. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "Anan Ameri: Love and Leadership in Arab America". Arab America. 2016-12-17. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "Michigan Women's Hall of Fame to induct Dr. Anan Ameri". Detroit News. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "ICOM-US Service Citation". network.icom.museum. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "AANM Director Anan Ameri to retire in May". Press and Guide. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "Arab American museum's Ameri recalls childhood in book". Detroit News. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- "'Scent of Jasmine' details Anan Ameri's childhood in Middle East -". Evening News. 2017-04-26. Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- Staff, Stateside. "New memoir challenges perceptions of what it means to grow up in the Middle East". Retrieved 2017-08-15.
- Appearances on C-SPAN
|This article about a Palestinian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|