Facade of Anand Bhavan
|Type||Historic house museum|
The Anand Bhavan is a historic house museum in Allahabad, India, focusing on the Nehru Family. It was bought by Indian political leader Motilal Nehru in the 1930s to serve as the residence of the Nehru family when the original mansion Swaraj Bhavan (previously called Anand Bhavan) was transformed into the local headquarters of the Indian National Congress. Jawahar Planetarium, the planetarium is situated here, which has been striving to inculcate scientific temper among masses through its sky shows on astronomy and science.
- Charu Chowdhary. "Here's What You Must See And Experience in Allahabad".
- "Anand Bhawan | District Allahabad, Government of Uttar Pradesh". Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "Anand Bhawan | Nehru Portal, Nehru Memorial Museum & Library | Ministry of Culture, Government of India". nehruportal.nic.in. Retrieved 14 April 2019.
- Carol, Dommermuth-Costa (2002). Indira Gandhi: Daughter of India. Lerner publication company. p. 25.
- Upendra Chandra Bhattacharyya, Shovendu Sunder Chakravarty. Pandit Motilal Nehru: His Life and Work. B.R. Publishing Corporation.
- "Anand Bhawan". www.museumsofindia.org. Retrieved 9 April 2019.