|Founder||Deep C Anand|
|Headquarters||1, Sri Aurobindo Marg, Hauz Khas, New Delhi, India|
ANAND Group was founded by Deep C Anand, and named after the founder. The company manufactures components for the automotive industry. It has brought different kind of product to the Indian auto industry. Mrs. Anjali Anand Singh is the Chairperson OF ANAND Group India and Gabriel India Limited (The Flagship Company).
The history of ANAND dates back to 1961, when Mr Deep C Anand, Founder of ANAND and Chairman of the Deep C Anand Foundation, as an enterprising young man of 27 years, set up his first business venture - Gabriel India. The flagship company of the Group, Gabriel was set up in collaboration with Maremont Corporation (now Gabriel Ride Control Products of ArvinMeritor Inc.), USA for manufacture of shock absorbers at Mulund in Mumbai.)
2005 - Mahle swaps with Anand Group to form automotive filter conglomerate
2012 - ANAND Automotive has also invested in non-automotive businesses such as high-end hospitality. It is planning to buy new properties to expand its Sujan "6-star" facilities.
2013 - ANAND Automotive has decided to invest Rs 1,200 crore over the next five years on new product development.
2014 - Jan - ANAND Group with 47 facilities manufacturing various types of auto components garnered a total sales turnover of Rs 5800 crore last fiscal. The company expects to clock a turnover of Rs 10,000 crore by 2017 with an investment of Rs 1200 crore, said, Sandeep Balooja, President, Business Development, ANAND Group.
2015 - Mar - Auto component suppliers Anand India and Federal-Mogul Powertrain have entered into an agreement to convert the sealing and piston ring businesses of Anand into joint venture (JV) operations.
The Anand Group has all set to ink a joint venture with Axon Automotive of the UK to develop a composite material that can help in lightweighting vehicle structures. It is understood that the composite material (called Axontex) reduces parts weight by 20% compared to steel and costs similar to aluminium in kilograms. With this product, Anand plans to target vehicle segments like passenger cars, small commercial vehicles and heavy commercial vehicles as its customers. The JV is likely to take shape within the next six months to a year.
The Anand Group has participated the Auto Expo Components Show in New Delhi, where it has displayed a varied range of products from its companies including Mahle Behr India, Gabriel India, CY MYutec, Haldex India, Spicer India and Takata India.
- "ANAND Group aims to delight customers". Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- ROUDRA BHATTACHARYA. "Gabriel India eyes overseas acquisitions". Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "ANAND group official website". Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "Auto parts company ANAND Group and its rare business model of JVs". The Times Of India. 13 May 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "The Flagship Company, Gabriel India Pvt Ltd". The Economic Times. 29 September 2014. Retrieved 17 December 2014.
- "Takata in pact with ANAND Automotive System". Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "Takata JV with ANAND Automotive". Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "Takata in JV pact with ANAND Automotive". The Times Of India. 5 January 2009. Retrieved 17 September 2013.
- "ANAND Automotive has invested in Non-Automotive Businesses". The Times Of India. 13 May 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "ANAND Automotive to invest Rs 1,200 crore in the next 5 years". The Times Of India. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "ANAND Group acts to emerge unscathed". The Times Of India. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "Anand Group, Federal-Mogul announce formation of two new JVs". The Economic Times. Retrieved 21 September 2015.